SF-SE Shutting down

Nimphiouus

TMS Fuhrer. (Non_Poster)
AndreT said:
San Fierro Stunt Evolution will shut down operating on the 28th of September, 2012.

LightingTechie, Mathijs and I forward these news to you with extreme sadness, however we all see it fit for the current situation. From the beginning of times, the server has been described as a hobby project for three young guys who are into informatics, programming and computers in general. All of us have our own jobs, both me and Mathijs also attend college.

No free time has contributed to the lack of keeping the server and the website updated to the latest standards and has led to almost no updates in the past month. While I'd take the credit for making the server quite modern and efficient on even slower pieces of machinery, the website code is a bit older and does not conform to the standards which would offer its users the best experience. Just as an example. And we're in a situation where revamping this would require days of work and I am not very fascinated by seeing players disappointed by the lack of frequent updates.

While we write this with the biggest respect to everyone that supported us during the 770 days in operation, we have been largely disappointed by the amount of, pardon me, retarded people out there. If I have to say it again, I will - this is a hobby project. This means it is not written or ran with the enthusiasm to constantly fight back attacks from ex-players who have turned nuts, been banned, and now continue to slander us. Or even worse, attack us with their scriptkiddy botnets. We don't pay hundreds or thousands for our hosting - we have no hardware firewalls or anything capable to resist these attacks, so they have caused us quite a bit of downtime.
It is frustratingly sad how much of the closing statement I'm dedicating to those who do not understand the meaning of what we were trying to achieve for the past 2+ years.

Those who have contributed to our server creation are being remembered with respect. Many kudos goes out to everyone that has submitted us fun maps, ideas and other creation to expand upon. Without our mappers, Impulse, Micka, luggi and some others, the playing experience wouldn't have been half as good. Personally I'd like to take the chance of thanking Mathijs and LightingTechie to run the server in a friendly team environment.

The date of closure is, again: 28th September.

Thanks for playing and an even bigger thanks to all our supporters.

// Too long, didn't read?
SFSE is closing on the 28th of September because the owners don't have any free time on their hands to continue developing the server. Thanks to everyone for playing and enjoying.

Yes. god yes. that estonian fag has been dealt with.

Mave said:
So how happy are you Nimph? On a scale from 1 to 10 please.

10 because Andre is the shittest cunt in in existence. Madalin should hurry up so the sfse players 'void' can be replaced.

Mă înec în ochii tăi larolararolei,
Plânge lumea după ei larolararolei.
Ești un înger pe pământ,
Despre tine cânt,
Și zi, și noapte!

Here you go, have some O-Zone.
iPknZ-HLxo4[/media]]

In other words, I'll try to hurry. I have tons of evaluation tests the next week, so I'll see what I can do.

Impulse said:
I see that you are still butthurt about getting banned a couple of years ago.

I was actually unbanned.

His attitude and personality are just shit. Makes the normal people of society just stand in awe of how awful he is.

The only connection between me and you that I can recall is that I appointed you as an administrator on SFSE probably like 1.5 years ago. I did it without doubting since I considered you a rational guy and a long time gaming pal from older projects. However, friend or not, I was not able to keep you on the team after half the guys on the list filed numerous complaints about your racism-filled comments and "absolutely amazing" sarcasm.

Use your brain a little and you can tell that your demotion and ban is entirely your own fault. Even sadder considering none of the actions were ordered by me.

Nimphiouus said:
His attitude and personality are just shit. Makes the normal people of society just stand in awe of how awful he is.
You must understand my skepticism over this statement because the past 8 months I've been receiving shit and constant hatred bullshit from a 15-year-old Brooklyn "gangster" for absolutely no reason. All the time I've been trying to not pay attention to such awkward idiots who consider themselves awesome trolls.

Do yourself some good, stop pretending to be a hardass troll on the Internet and stop generating unreasonable hatred from absolutely nothing.

And about "dealt with"... You call having a real job (which, I assume, pays a few times more than yours, if you have one in the first place) being dealt with? Good luck.

Andre said:
The only connection between me and you that I can recall is that I appointed you as an administrator on SFSE probably like 1.5 years ago. I did it without doubting since I considered you a rational guy and a long time gaming pal from older projects. However, friend or not, I was not able to keep you on the team after half the guys on the list filed numerous complaints about your racism-filled comments and "absolutely amazing" sarcasm.

Use your brain a little and you can tell that your demotion and ban is entirely your own fault. Even sadder considering none of the actions were ordered by me.

Nimphiouus said:
You must understand my skepticism over this statement because the past 8 months I've been receiving shit and constant hatred bullshit from a 15-year-old Brooklyn "gangster" for absolutely no reason. All the time I've been trying to not pay attention to such awkward idiots who consider themselves awesome trolls.

Do yourself some good, stop pretending to be a hardass troll on the Internet and stop generating unreasonable hatred from absolutely nothing.

And about "dealt with"... You call having a real job (which, I assume, pays a few times more than yours, if you have one in the first place) being dealt with? Good luck.

[PERSONAL INFO REMOVED] - Mave

Andre said:

Nimphiouus said:

Your post is filled with a biased perspective, it was actually indeed you who was the unreasonable fool.

TheDarkness said:
Andre said:

Nimphiouus said:

Ah, I see you've come to TMS, after Nimphious made that wonderful post.. However, the only reason I'm making this post, was towards the "15 year old Brooklyn Gangster" remark made by Andre T... I must say, Andre, that was a pretty good guess at what you think my life is hahah, props to Andre for making a lulz guise!!!!!!!!!!! oh and did you know he recieves constant hatred for 8 months guise, I'd say he's pretty butthurt.. oh, and I found another lulz for you guys. Andre, your MSN is [REMOVED] I don't know if this is true, but anybody willing to see Andre, this could be the winning piece of "art"....
[REMOVED]

PERSONAL INFO REMOVED - MAVE

Soo tiny and cute c: hahahah
Oh no, a picture of Andre, his world must be falling apart!
But seriously, you may have found a picture of him, so what?

Maffia171 said:
TheDarkness said:
Andre said:

Nimphiouus said:

Ah, I see you've come to TMS, after Nimphious made that wonderful post.. However, the only reason I'm making this post, was towards the "15 year old Brooklyn Gangster" remark made by Andre T... I must say, Andre, that was a pretty good guess at what you think my life is hahah, props to Andre for making a lulz guise!!!!!!!!!!! oh and did you know he recieves constant hatred for 8 months guise, I'd say he's pretty butthurt.. oh, and I found another lulz for you guys. Andre, your MSN is [REMOVED] I don't know if this is true, but anybody willing to see Andre, this could be the winning piece of "art"....
[REMOVED]

Maffia, while you do raise a point, why are you being hostile, this is not 'you'.

Just for his funny ass looking face, mainly for teh lulz :troll:

Nimphiouus said:
Maffia171 said:
TheDarkness said:
Andre said:

Nimphiouus said:

[REMOVED]

Maffia, while you do raise a point, why are you being hostile, this is not 'you'.

I wasn't trying to be hostile. Just a question : )

All personal information has been removed in this topic.
Please don't post personal information. Picture has been removed on request as well.

It was my decision to respect Andre's request to remove his information.

Even though that's not exactly what I asked for, thanks a bunch. I don't have anything against my little sister and me being on display (picture's from 1st of July 2010 btw), but I was rather wondering if this is the kind of publicity this forum deserves as the link was already spread on some IRC channels.

Anyways, thanks for the negative feedback on SFSE's closure, guys, and I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully I'll be welcome to play on your server :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom