[Serious] Vegetarianism?

Re: Vegetarianism?

No fan, I believe your body needs everything and that it's unhealthy to stop eating something.
I have nothing against people that are vegis though.

I LIKE MEAT. There, I said it. Yes, I know it comes from dead animals, I worked at a butchershop for 4 years, trust me, I've seen some shit.
I had vegetarian food a couple of times and I liked it, but I do whatever I damn well like, and I like the taste of good meat.

If you're a vegetarian, so be it, it's your life choice. But if you dare to call me a murderer because I eat meat, I will devour the biggest steak I can find in front of you.

I don't think I will become a vegetarian. I think if "God" didn't want us to kill the animals to eat them, then why would he put them there? One of the person in the videos beliefs were "Why would I want to cause death on an animal just for me eating it for pleasure?" I don't know what I think of that just yet.

You don't eat for pleasure and you don't eat the animal for pleasure, you do it to survive.
I'm okay with vegetarians, however I don't understand.

Separating beliefs from the discussion, vegetarian diets are generally healthier than meat based diets. This is because of several factors but mainly because of the source of protein.
Meat based protein, while delicious and savory, has been shown to be a potential carcinogen. A study (I'll link it below if I remember. if not, Google) involving controlling the diets of mice has shown that mice on primarily meat based diets had a much higher chance of developing cancer. This chance was greatly reduced when the same mice switched to healthy, vegetarian diets.
Overall, this doesn't necessarily mean that everyone needs to give up eating meat entirely. Rather, the results of the study suggest that the average person should moderate their consumption of meat. However, overall this combined with the general acceptance that vegetarian diets are indeed healthier than meat based ones provide a pretty solid basis for a vegetarian diet.
Personally, I don't care whether or not a person eats meat or not but I believe that people should be aware of the risks associated with the choice their making. That being said, vegetarian diets have their risks as well, the main of which is, again, the source of protein. Switching to a vegetarian diet isn't as simple as just switching to just eating vegetables. A vegetarian diet needs to be planned carefully to ensure that you're taking in your recommended amount of protein. Overall, vegetarian diets aren't necessarily healthy and have a high degree of maintenance.

TL;DR: Too much meat = cancer. Too little protein = bad. Moderation = good. As long as you're aware of the risks, do w/e the fuck you want.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/14/low-carb-high-protein-die_n_876645.html (here's a news article about the study)

Panki said:
novokyiv said:
Panki said:
novokyiv said:
Stybar said:
I LIKE MEAT. There, I said it.
This is exactly what I think about vegetarianism.
Word. Now I want some steak.
How do you like your steak?
I gotta say I hate beef. My absolute favorite is pork collar steak with some nice marinade made by Mum. BBQ is the best <3

Fuck that. A nice well-done steak with some nice sauce... Roommate of mine is a professional chef, and he occasionally makes this. It's so fucking good.

Stybar said:
Roommate of mine is a professional chef, and he occasionally makes this. It's so fucking good.
Oh my, I'd love to have a professional chef as a roommate! I'm often in a hurry and I keep screwing things up when cooking, so I just end up eating instant-whatever &o. sandwiches and call it a day.
How much to borrow your roommate? :laugh:

novokyiv said:
Stybar said:
Roommate of mine is a professional chef, and he occasionally makes this. It's so fucking good.
Oh my, I'd love to have a professional chef as a roommate! I'm often in a hurry and I keep screwing things up when cooking, so I just end up eating instant-whatever &o. sandwiches and call it a day.
How much to borrow your roommate? :laugh:
15/hour and a high tolerance. He's a nice guy deep down, but his exterior is... Difficult. He's had multiple fights, over a small misunderstanding.

Back
Top Bottom