[Serious] Should a false accusation of rape be a serious crime?

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
I've read about this in the past, seen movies about it, and all I can think of is how much this can actually ruin a man.

Being falsely accused of rape will destroy a man's life, he probably will lose his job, will have to move, will have to start from scratch, lose good friends, lose contact with his family.
Even when it's all 'cleared up', he stays THAT guy that was accused of rape.

Discuss.

Re: Should a false accusation of rape be a serious crime?

It is illegal to falsely accuse someone of rape. If a girl goes to the cops, pointing at a specific male, claiming he raped her, there will be an investigation. If the cops find evidence that he didn't do it (he has a strong alibi, there is evidence that it was with consent, you name it) she will get buttraped by court. I'm speaking massive fines (couple of thousands of dollars), she has to pay the man for damage done to his name (a false accusation is slander, which will cost you dearly), possible jailtime for faking a crime, paying for all the costs of the court (which isn't a small amount if you take it big).

If a woman does fake a rape, and she gets busted, rest assured that she will be broke for life, and the accused will be made for life.

HOWEVER if the woman decides to drop the charges on the last moment (if for example the police have found evidence that it didn't happen, who are obligated to let both parties know of the existence of said evidence) she won't be charged with slander. She still has to pay the costs of the court, but that's it.

Tl;dr: falsely accusing a man of rape can cost a woman quite a lot of money, unless she decides to drop the act in time and crawl back in the sorry hole she came from.

That being said, I think it should still be a case of slander if she backs down. The damage is already done, and she should pay for it.

I think they should get heavy penalties.

If the woman backs down after the accusations are discovered to be false, I still believe it should be a serious crime, punishable by extremely heavy fines (thousands of dollars) and/or jail time, depending on how elaborate the lie was, how long the trial had been going and how much she damaged the reputation of the falsely accused man. If this is not the case, however, I believe the falsely accused man should take the woman to court for defamation of character, and several other charges (I'd state them, but I am not a lawyer).

As previously stated, the charges of rape that are false can severely ruin a man's life. I don't understand, however, how women could do such a thing.

^ How they can do it? they just want attention, fuck the cunts.

I might be too severe, but I believe that the woman who has falsely accused a man of rape should get herself the punishment that the man should've gotten, especially if, as said above by others, his reputation was tarnished badly. There's no going back after a rape accusation: people will eye you strangely and suspect you for the rest of your life, unless you move somewhere where literally nobody knows you.

Back
Top Bottom