[Serious] Does money bring happyness?

Nimphiouus

TMS Fuhrer. (Non_Poster)
As with the title, doesn't matter if you're wealthy, or financially shit, what do you think, does having money bring you happyness? can it buy you happyness?

I personally think it could;

Always fed;
Purchase any objects (technology/furniture/cars etc..)
Bills paid;
Get exclusive items;
Go places the poar cant go;

Sounds like the dream, so it makes me wonder, why people say it doesn't buy happyness :S

Re: Does money bring happyness?

Student like me who lives on my own, money indeed brings happyness. Don't really know why people says otherwise.

It definitely can, however not directly.

Just having a lot of money doesn't exactly make you happy, like say you had a million dollars but couldn't spend it. That wouldn't be fun..

The things you end up spending it on bring you the happiness. Like I'd be happier right now if I had enough money to buy a Psyko headset and a laptop, and was able to do so.

Not getting money brings sadness, that's what I know.

The problem is: If you don't have enough money to buy an expensive car you can allways dream about it, when you have de money you buy it and have a good time untill you're bored of it.
It's like "the chase is better than the catch".

But living with just enough money to survive won't make you happy either as mentioned before.

TheGreenPenguin said:
The problem is: If you don't have enough money to buy an expensive car you can allways dream about it, when you have de money you buy it and have a good time untill you're bored of it.
It's like "the chase is better than the catch".

But living with just enough money to survive won't make you happy either as mentioned before.

I think being "well off" is better than being poor/rich because as you said the chase is better than the catch.

Money does bring a bit of happiness of course, people who claim that money doesn't bring happiness AT ALL are just jealous imo.

No afence but most super rich people are snobs and have atitude problems and usuually don have fun has the stress over their big corperations. They spend so much time working for it they don't relax to enjoy it. A few do lindsey lohan for example lol. Being high class isn't all great I rather be mid class with a high pay rate. My wife family is super rich and I hate it. Yes I enjoy the benefits but they are never happy. Always taking things way to seriously.

To be fair, you can't judge all rich people as such simply because that's how they are portrayed stereotypically. The sad fact is that having money opens up worlds of opportunities which are otherwise unavailable. That being said, It's also more than possible in this day and age to live a happy life without being rich.

Imo money doesn't necessarily bring about happiness but it does open up more doors in society and going through those doors might make you a happier person.

Fries said:
Imo money doesn't necessarily bring about happiness but it does open up more doors in society and going through those doors might make you a happier person.
Exactly.

Fries said it perfectly.
Money is not the thing which brings you happiness; what you acquire with money is what brings you happiness.
It can, however, be argued that there's no difference...

Back
Top Bottom