Series: General Discussion

Emmy's aired last night, as always this will provide me with some interesting series I should check out.

Will post a seperate thread as the link above you forces to navigate through different pages in order to see all results.

Yeah, seems that I have to watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Fleabag.

Meanwhile, we started on The Dark Crystal series. It's a prologue for the 80's movie, and it's all done with puppets (made by the Jim Henson studio, of Muppets fame). While it's certainly impressive, there is a massive Uncanny Valley feel to all of them... The skins are very realistic, but the movements aren't. Also, the eyes almost never move.

Just started watching Mayanc MC (Sons of Anarchy spin-off)

WkCKXVs.jpg

So far it's looking promising!

Already at episode 9, really liking the series!
Although I have one remark... For some reason sometimes there's focus on a tiny animal before a scene, but that animal... is completely CGI.. and it's bad. Laughably bad. Other than that I'm hooked.

Although I have one remark... For some reason sometimes there's focus on a tiny animal before a scene, but that animal... is completely CGI.. and it's bad. Laughably bad. Other than that I'm hooked.
What? Like rats or stuff like that? Why the fuck would you use CGI? It's likely more expensive than hiring an animal trainer...

What? Like rats or stuff like that? Why the fuck would you use CGI? It's likely more expensive than hiring an animal trainer...
I'll find an example later, you won't be able to hold it together, trust me.

Started watching Wu-Tang: An American Saga based on -you guessed it- Wu-Tang clan's origin.
Two episodes in, loving the show so far. However it's a bit hard to know who's who since they aren't referred to in the show with their stage names (as the group isn't created yet). Might make a small guide for myself: ACTOR - NAME - STAGE NAME with photos.

Man, I hope you haven't pirated that series. As you know, Wu Tang Clan ain't nothing to fuck with.

One of the main problems with subbing to a series' subreddit, is getting spoiled. So far, I've seen 3 major spoilers on the The Dragon Prince sub.

One of the main problems with subbing to a series' subreddit, is getting spoiled. So far, I've seen 3 major spoilers on the The Dragon Prince sub.
I never check a subreddit unless I'm up to date with the series nowadays, been fooled too many times before.

I never check a subreddit unless I'm up to date with the series nowadays, been fooled too many times before.
Usually, I don't either. But the TDP sub is really, really lax with spoilers. So I usually see the spoiler just casually browsing the frontpage.

IMDB reviews are through the roof, but Rotten Tomatoes is giving it a 57%...

Although I did see something about a review which gave it a 0/10, and then admitted he skipped 3 episodes because he "didn't have enough time".

IMDB reviews are through the roof, but Rotten Tomatoes is giving it a 57%...

Although I did see something about a review which gave it a 0/10, and then admitted he skipped 3 episodes because he "didn't have enough time".
Not to worry Sty, see what they just promised!

uxWhcee.jpg

So it'll be just 40 hours of Henry Cavill picking certain flowers? I'm down.

Back
Top Bottom