Series: General Discussion

Meh, the major downside is that she remembers all the shocking moments in time. Episode 4 doesn't have the impact it's supposed to if you know what happens.

Meanwhile, I've started watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (alone, I'll never convince my GF to watch this). I've seen some weird series before (Adventure Time, The Devil Is A Parttimer, Nichijou,...), but this one is aiming for a top position in my weird-o-meter. It's quite funny though, I can't stop watching.

Meh, the major downside is that she remembers all the shocking moments in time. Episode 4 doesn't have the impact it's supposed to if you know what happens.

Meanwhile, I've started watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (alone, I'll never convince my GF to watch this). I've seen some weird series before (Adventure Time, The Devil Is A Parttimer, Nichijou,...), but this one is aiming for a top position in my weird-o-meter. It's quite funny though, I can't stop watching.
Weirder than Adventure Time? You’ve got my attention.

Different kind of weird. AT is just... random, and they run with it. MKDM is just a weird setting, but they're trying to go "yes, this is normal". Of course, hilarious situations arise because it's NOT normal, but still.

Different kind of weird. AT is just... random, and they run with it. MKDM is just a weird setting, but they're trying to go "yes, this is normal". Of course, hilarious situations arise because it's NOT normal, but still.
Reminds me of Black Mirror.
So far I like 50% of the episodes I have watched.

Started watching Lucifer.
It's okay I'd say... Has some fun quirks but it's a little bland for my taste.

Haven't seen it yet, no. Colleagues keep swearing it's awesome though.

Disenchantment is awesome, can't wait for season 2!

Now watching Futurama by the same creators...

Disenchantment is awesome, can't wait for season 2!

Now watching Futurama by the same creators...
Thanks for reminding me about Disenchantment! Only watched one episode so far and forgot about it.

Thanks for reminding me about Disenchantment! Only watched one episode so far and forgot about it.
Same here. Didn't find episode 1 to be very captivating, to be honest... I guess it gets better further on?

Started watching Godless (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5516154/) a Netflix mini-series. (7 episodes)
Features Wild West America in the late 1800s, really loving it so far, and it's the perfect series to get me ready for RDR2.

EDIT: Removed trailer, it spoils too much imo.

Looks interesting. Adding it to my (ever-growing) watchlist.
Meanwhile, we finished the latest episodes of Brooklyn 9-9. Perfect cliffhanger, so really glad that NBC picked it up.

After that, we started on The Dragon Prince, a Netflix mini-series as well. It's a very interesting fantasy concept, written by one of the guys behind Avatar. Character designs are fucking AWESOME. I love them.
The only caveat I have is the animation... Sometimes it's nice and fluid, sometimes you can count the fps on one hand. Very off-putting.

Looks interesting. Adding it to my (ever-growing) watchlist.
Meanwhile, we finished the latest episodes of Brooklyn 9-9. Perfect cliffhanger, so really glad that NBC picked it up.

After that, we started on The Dragon Prince, a Netflix mini-series as well. It's a very interesting fantasy concept, written by one of the guys behind Avatar. Character designs are fucking AWESOME. I love them.
The only caveat I have is the animation... Sometimes it's nice and fluid, sometimes you can count the fps on one hand. Very off-putting.
Choppy animation is so horrible to watch...

Watching La casa de papel (English title: Money Heist) on Netflix with the gf atm.
Series seems to have gotten a lot of praise so we decided to give it a try. Currently at episode 4.
IMO it's a fun series so far, but it comes with your average show drama (relationships within the robbers,..)

Netflix just released their trailer for MAM Pt2

Releases next week, will binge watch in 2 days.

Watching La casa de papel (English title: Money Heist) on Netflix with the gf atm.

I always found the english translation hilarious. La Casa De Papel means "House of Paper". How lazy were they when they went with "Money Heist"?

Back
Top Bottom