Series: General Discussion

Last episode was indeed epic, just finished watching it.
Will revive the GoT thread.

EDIT: https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?topic=26504.msg257287#msg257287

Still loving Sons of Anarchy. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1124373/
At season 4 now, will probably make a dedicated topic once I've finished all seasons.

Never got into SoA.

I finally did it. I managed to get through all 12 seasons of Supernatural. Final episode was a cliffhanger, so the 13th will be interesting.
Keeping up with the whole paranormal stuff, I'm finishing up Grimm now. Only one season left to watch.

Stybar said:
Never got into SoA.

I finally did it. I managed to get through all 12 seasons of Supernatural. Final episode was a cliffhanger, so the 13th will be interesting.
Keeping up with the whole paranormal stuff, I'm finishing up Grimm now. Only one season left to watch.
12 seasons? In how many months? That must have taken you a while.
I'm only at S4 for SoA (40mins/episode) and try to watch daily.

Took me about a year. I watched an episode a day, during dinner.

Stybar said:
And yet the satisfaction of finally having watched everything immediately got overshadowed by the empty feeling you get when you finish a series?
That's how I feel anyway.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
And yet the satisfaction of finally having watched everything immediately got overshadowed by the empty feeling you get when you finish a series?
That's how I feel anyway.
The day after I finished, I sat down to eat, and immediately went to the next episode. Took me a second to realize I got through them all. It felt odd to watch something else after that.

Byump

So, after Supernatural, we switched over to the final season of Grimm. I wasn't dissatisfied with how it ended, but you can see a plot twist coming when
they kill everyone except Nick and Truble
After that, I finished the 10th series of Doctor Who. It's Capaldi's final season, and I'm sad to see him go. He was an excellent Doctor. He nailed the sarcastic arrogance perfectly. And he gave some incredible speeches. His anti-war speech still gives me shivers.

Started on American Gods, but the GF quickly decided she didn't like it (direct quote: "Honey, what the fuck are you making me watch?"), so I'm gonna watch it alone, I guess.

Finally settled on Mr. Robot. The first episode is goddamn amazing.
It felt like a short (60min) movie. Rami Malek does a fucking fantastic job of playing the socially anxious Elliot. Second and third episode are pretty awesome as well, but you no longer feel Elliot's desperation about his social anxiety. It's good, but it's less than the first episode.
Still, definitely recommend. The IT stuff in it is pretty accurate as well, except for the obviously fake IP address that ends in .354. Probably on purpose though, like phone numbers always having the fake "555" area code.

Stybar said:
Started on American Gods, but the GF quickly decided she didn't like it (direct quote: "Honey, what the fuck are you making me watch?"), so I'm gonna watch it alone, I guess.
And how do you like it? It's been on my watchlist for a while but I really want to finish Sons of Anarchy before I start watching anything else (midway season 6 atm)

I liked it, but I guess I like it because I read the book. One of the major plotlines is hinted through throughout the first two episodes, but it's never said outright. I know this plotline, because I read the book. My GF hasn't, so I guess that was what made her confused. To her, the choices and events seem random and odd. They are, but if you know a certain thing, it all makes sense.

Never read the book(s), but gonna give it a chance anyway. Downloaded the first episode.

Finished the first season of Mr. Robot.

Go watch it. Seriously a great series. Starts as a pretty good hacker story, but turns into a psychological thriller a la Fight Club and Beautiful Mind.

Stybar said:
Finished the first season of Mr. Robot.

Go watch it. Seriously a great series. Starts as a pretty good hacker story, but turns into a psychological thriller a la Fight Club and Beautiful Mind.
Ye first season's great but they overdo it after a while, I stopped watching it.

Started watching Hannibal. (Two episodes so far)
Mikkelsen is brilliant, series looks very promising.

I heard good things about Hannibal. Is it as gory as I read?

Is it Tarentino levels of gore? Or basic horror movie gore?

Because I'm basically stuck in the couch lying down, I've started watching Penn & Teller Fool Us. It's basically a dumb reality TV show like The Voice and such, but for magicians. Still, some tricks are just pure black magic. Insanity.

Stybar said:
Is it Tarentino levels of gore? Or basic horror movie gore?

Because I'm basically stuck in the couch lying down, I've started watching Penn & Teller Fool Us. It's basically a dumb reality TV show like The Voice and such, but for magicians. Still, some tricks are just pure black magic. Insanity.
Hard to say, I'm not exactly a horror guy, but some scenes in the second episode were pretty gory.
Honestly Sty, just give it a try, you've got enough time in the sofa :biggrin:

About Penn&Teller, I like some bits, the bits that end up on social media, youtube,.. but watching an entire episode is pretty boring imo. (tried it once on Netflix)

I like magic tricks, so... I skip through the boring talking stuff though. I just skip to the magic.

Stranger Things season 2 coming out tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom