Series: General Discussion

Stybar said:
I like magic tricks, so... I skip through the boring talking stuff though. I just skip to the magic.

Stranger Things season 2 coming out tomorrow!
Didn't watch the first season, a bit too supernatural for my taste.

Halfway season 1 for Hannibal, Mads Mikkelsen gets better and better.
Sons of Anarchy halfway the last season. Will probably watch Peaky Binders after this one.

lextoc said:
Mave you HAVE to watch Stranger Things, it takes an episode or two to get into but it's sooooo fucking good!
Might give it a try after I finish Hannibal with the gf, lots of people keep on recommending the series to me.

With good reason! Loved the first season.

Still haven't watched the second season, still getting through Lucifer. The characters are still pretty likable, but the story takes a nosedive halfway through the season. Same problem as Castle, the overlying arch of the two main characters trying to bang is too all-consuming to be enjoyable anymore.

Stybar said:
With good reason! Loved the first season.

Still haven't watched the second season, still getting through Lucifer. The characters are still pretty likable, but the story takes a nosedive halfway through the season. Same problem as Castle, the overlying arch of the two main characters trying to bang is too all-consuming to be enjoyable anymore.
Those are both netflix produced right? I feel like before I can watch those I need to have studied the Marvel bible lol.

Finished Sons of Anarchy, goddamnit Kurt Sutter I love you. Really gonna miss all the great characters, got that empty feeling after 7 seasons.
On to the next thing!

Stranger Things is Netflix produced, yes, but Lucifer isn't. And no need for any Marvel knowledge, that stuff is only limited to 6 series: Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, The Defenders, and Daredevil.

Stybar said:
Stranger Things is Netflix produced, yes, but Lucifer isn't. And no need for any Marvel knowledge, that stuff is only limited to 6 series: Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, The Defenders, and Daredevil.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Started Hannibal season 2, at this rate we'll finish the series by next week.
Still haven't decided yet on the series I want to watch alone...

Mave said:

Brooklyn 9-9? It's a comedy series about a police precinct, with Andy Samberg, Chelsea Peretti and Terry Crews. Haven't gotten beyond the first season yet, but so far it's making me laugh. Hard.

Stybar said:
Mave said:

Brooklyn 9-9? It's a comedy series about a police precinct, with Andy Samberg, Chelsea Peretti and Terry Crews. Haven't gotten beyond the first season yet, but so far it's making me laugh. Hard.

Hmm, gf might like that one as well, since it's a nice change from the darkness of Hannibal.

Might try Peaky Blinders: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2442560/ (English mob)

Have you tried Vikings yet, Mave? It's a bit like Game of Thrones. GF is binging it whenever she can.

Stybar said:
Have you tried Vikings yet, Mave? It's a bit like Game of Thrones. GF is binging it whenever she can.
It's on my watchlist!

Finishing Sherlock atm (discovered I still hadn't watched one episode yet)
Sherlock's sister is scary af.

First two seasons of Hannibal were fantastic.
Third season... not so much. We actually stopped watching for now after two S3 episodes.

Same problem here. I've started on the second season of Mr. Robot, but it just... doesn't grip me as much. In the first season you have this large "quest" that everything is going towards. They had a massive goal, and they reached it in the end.
And season 2 is just the fallout. Mind, there's some nice psychological games being written, and Malek's acting is fantastic, but it just feels... less. The lack of a large "quest" is noticeable.

Come to think of it, Avatar: Legend Of Korra had the same issue. TLAB had one huge goal: defeat the Firelord, and in LoK they have a myriad of smaller bad guys. There is an overarching theme, and it all comes together, sure, but without the single thing dragging the series forward, it's less fun to watch episode after episode.

Started watching Peaky Blinders, watched two in a row. Pretty good series so far!

Started watching The Simpsons again from the very first episode to kill time during the long car rides. Surprised how good the first season actually was.
Just finished S1, about to start S2.

We finished Mr. Robot, and tried several other series.

Dirk Gently's Hollistic Detective Agency was pretty... interesting. We almost gave up on it, since the first 2 episode make very little sense. You need to continue watching past episode 3, and even then it only makes sense in the last episode. It's based on books written by the author of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, and it has the same sort of humor. And stellar acting by Elijah Wood, although it's his character's sister, played by Hannah Marks who really takes the cake.

We also tried watching the new Lemony Snicket's: A Series Of Unfornate Events, a new series based on the book, but this time with Neil Patrick Harris instead of Jim Carrey as the evil count Olaf. And he does an amazing job. You really get to loathe Olaf. He's so good, we couldn't get through more than 2 episodes, although I get the feeling that it becomes less aggravating in later episodes.

Currently we're going through Brooklyn 9-9. It's funny, and the casting is extremely on-point. One of the best comedy series I've seen.

^ I wouldn’t have NPH expected to be better than the almighty Jim Carrey.

Already was going to start with Brooklyn 9-9 sometime soon, never heard about the other two series tbh.

Watched the first two episodes (one storyline) of The Confession Tapes. This will make you almost as angry as you feel after watching Making A Murderer. The US justice system is so fucked up...

I'm not saying NPH is better than Jim Carrey, but it certainly not bad. He gives his own spin to the character, and it isn't bad.

Stybar said:
I'm not saying NPH is better than Jim Carrey, but it certainly not bad. He gives his own spin to the character, and it isn't bad.
He was pretty good in Gone Girl as well.

Downloading some more Confession Tapes for on the road tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom