Series: General Discussion

Stybar said:
Oh, and for those who don't know it yet, Legend of Korra is back!

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, LoK is the spin-off of Avatar: the Last Airbender. If you've accidentally watched the movie, go scrub your eyes with bleach and watch the series, like you should.
The Last Airbender is a fairly childish series, especially in the beginning. However, it gets heavier and more serious as you advance into the later series. Plus bonus Mark Hamill as evil overlord!

Legend of Korra is a bit more... adult. Sure, it still has some funny moments and comic reliefs almost every 20 seconds, but the plot is more advanced, the scenes are darker, and the ending of the first season? Jeez, not exactly child friendly.

Just go watch it, it's one of the best cartoons I've seen.

You should watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Panki said:
Stybar said:
Oh, and for those who don't know it yet, Legend of Korra is back!

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, LoK is the spin-off of Avatar: the Last Airbender. If you've accidentally watched the movie, go scrub your eyes with bleach and watch the series, like you should.
The Last Airbender is a fairly childish series, especially in the beginning. However, it gets heavier and more serious as you advance into the later series. Plus bonus Mark Hamill as evil overlord!

Legend of Korra is a bit more... adult. Sure, it still has some funny moments and comic reliefs almost every 20 seconds, but the plot is more advanced, the scenes are darker, and the ending of the first season? Jeez, not exactly child friendly.

Just go watch it, it's one of the best cartoons I've seen.

You should watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Already watched it :3

Start watching Workaholics if you want to watch a recent Comedy series, it's great. Big thanks to Panki for getting me to give it a shot.

uo7FjjK.jpg

A single-camera comedy featuring three friends who work together as telemarketers from 9 to 5 and live together from 5 to 9.

Finished watching How I Met Your Mother, god season 9 was a disappointment.

Mave said:

The ending makes... sense if you look at the series as a whole. The guy is (apparently) telling his kids how he met their mother, but keeps whining about Robin. Makes sense that's it's all a ruse to explain why he wants to get back together with her.
Still agree with you though. A lot of hoopla for eventually about 5 minutes of climax, that ends in sadness.

Stybar said:
Mave said:

The ending makes... sense if you look at the series as a whole. The guy is (apparently) telling his kids how he met their mother, but keeps whining about Robin. Makes sense that's it's all a ruse to explain why he wants to get back together with her.
Still agree with you though. A lot of hoopla for eventually about 5 minutes of climax, that ends in sadness.

~10 episodes of build-up to the wedding, then it's divorce+death+robin again in ~1 episode? C'mon..

Giving 'Sherlock' a try right now.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:

~10 episodes of build-up to the wedding, then it's divorce+death+robin again in ~1 episode? C'mon..

I know, the last season is one major anti-climax, but the story makes sort of sense.

And Sherlock? Boy, you are in for a wild ride. Only 9 episodes so far (or 10, I forgot), and now it's waiting for 2016 for new episodes.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:

I know, the last season is one major anti-climax, but the story makes sort of sense.

And Sherlock? Boy, you are in for a wild ride. Only 9 episodes so far (or 10, I forgot), and now it's waiting for 2016 for new episodes.

Sherlock is awesome. Watched two episodes so far.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:

Whatever you do, don't start Elementary. It's like a cheaper rip off.

Almost done with catching up on Grimm. It's a surprisingly nice series to watch, even though it can get a bit dull sometimes. Definitely recommend this one.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:

Almost done with catching up on Grimm. It's a surprisingly nice series to watch, even though it can get a bit dull sometimes. Definitely recommend this one.

Thanks for the heads up, I won't.

Downloading the new Top Gear :3

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:

Just finished the Patagonia special (bit late, I know). Sweet Jesus that ending is heavy. Downloading the new episodes now.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:

Just finished the Patagonia special (bit late, I know). Sweet Jesus that ending is heavy. Downloading the new episodes now.

New episodes are pretty great, they still haven't done a 918 vs P1 vs LaFerrari though D:

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:

New episodes are pretty great, they still haven't done a 918 vs P1 vs LaFerrari though D:
It'll be at the end of the series I guess. Everyone is anticipating that episode, makes sense to keep it for the ending.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:

It'll be at the end of the series I guess. Everyone is anticipating that episode, makes sense to keep it for the ending.
The last episode... Top Gear failed to convince Ferrari and McLaren.. Damnit pretty dissapointed.

Downloading Better Call Saul episodes 1-5. Gonna watch the first one tomorrow. Pretty high expectations atm.

Mave said:
Downloading Better Call Saul episodes 1-5. Gonna watch the first one tomorrow. Pretty high expectations atm.
Still have to watch Breaking Bad... Probably will when I get back from internship.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Still have to watch Breaking Bad... Probably will when I get back from internship.
Damn I'm jealous. I will never experience the first thrill of watching a new series with Breaking Bad again.

Almost finished Sherlock, 2 episodes left.

Just finished watching House of Cards Season 3. God damnit Frank Underwood, I love you.
Can't wait for Season 4.

Gonna give Mad Men a try.

Watched 3 episodes so far, still not really fond of Mad Men. Hope it gets better soon.

Back
Top Bottom