RC3 Server linux

SA-MP 0.3b RC2

Released as well!

RC1_2 Client
RC1_1 Server Windows/Scripting
RC1_1 Server linux

SA-MP 0.3b RC1

logo_forum.gif

Due to a security issue that requires an immediate update to the SA-MP cilent and server, SA-MP version 0.3b is being fast-tracked to release. We are making an unrestricted client/server available for server owners to start testing their scripts. You will at least need to recompile your server script with the latest includes. Expect documentation on the scripting changes to appear on the SA-MP wiki soon.

Here is an overview of the updates in 0.3b

Updates for players

- Important client security updates
- Updates and fixes to the SA-MP server browser, including host name lookups for your favorites and samp:// URL handling.
- Improved player and animation syncing
- Chat logging
- Chat time-stamping with the /timestamp command
- Files, including screenshots, now save to the GTA San Andreas User Files folder
- No restrictions on screen resolution size
- Any frame limiter changes are now saved
- Several crash fixes

Updates for servers

- New vehicle velocity and rotation functions
- Ability to track applied animations
- Players can be scripted to hold objects
- A threaded HTTP client for pawn (beta)
- New object limit of 400
- The ability to change the draw distance of objects (up to 300 units)
- NPCs can now record custom set animations
- Increased PVar lookup speed
- Many bug fixes

Things server owners need to know

- CreateObject/CreatePlayerObject now have a default parameter for draw distance as the last parameter. You do not need to change any of your code, although you must at least recompile your script with the 0.3b pawn includes, otherwise your objects will not show. This new addition may break existing plugin-based streamers.
- We have found that changing the draw distance of objects that contain lights or particles can cause crashes or fps lag.

Other types of bug fixes and requested features

As mentioned above, there is a security issue that needs to be patched immediately. I know there are servers owners that have bugs which effect their script, or want a specific feature for their server. These things will have to be put on hold until any future release. Please be understanding about this fact and only post bug reports in 0.3b if they are new bugs and may prevent people from being able to play the game properly.

SA-MP 0.3b RC1_1 files

RC1_1 Client
RC1_1 Server Windows/Scripting
RC1_1 Server linux

Source: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?p=786379

Re: SA-MP 0.3b RC1 Released

Wow, great. But it's buggy and no server is updated to 0.3b RC1 so i can't play there with SA-MP 0.3b RC1 client, so i will stick with 0.3a
I like the new thing, threaded HTTP client. Can't wait for final release 0.3b (No RC's)!

Mave said:
- Several crash fixes
- Many bug fixes
Anything specific? The most popular phrase used by developers in releases.
(http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=59486)
[GTA]Deadly_Evil™ said:
Wow, great. But it's buggy and no server is updated to 0.3b RC1 so i can't play there with SA-MP 0.3b RC1 client, so i will stick with 0.3a
Update junkies. Why do you even bother with the RC especially since it has lots new features which convince me moving from MTA to SA-MP. :biggrin:
I can wait till the final. But nice to see that Kye still maintains SA-MP.

I like the new thing, threaded HTTP client
Weren't there more important feature requests?

Well Remis don't forget this is only an RC, and that it was released due to security issues.

Some of them look really nice(for players), such as no resolution limits, and frame limiter problems. Time stamp is really useful also, AND lovin' the chat logging. Released for security reasons or not, it was a good update!

EDIT: Also I like the ability to hold objects :biggrin:

Might try it out if I can get SA installed soon =D

Mave said:
Well Remis don't forget this is only an RC
This was also told while the samp 0.3a RC and betas and nothing noteworthy happened.
So the chance for new features is very little.

that it was released due to security issues.
Then why no R9? Nobody complained then and no disappointment. Kye had enought time for a real 0.3b then and he could release the security fix (as R9) faster.

^ Well it's obvious MTA is quite a lot better, but SA-MP is more fun

Remis said:
that it was released due to security issues.
Then why no R9? Nobody complained then and no disappointment. Kye had enought time for a real 0.3b then and he could release the security fix (as R9) faster.
I suppose the "important bug" affected a serious part of the netcode and no backwards compatibility between R8 and newer versions could have been kept?

Nice release though, sounds awesome. SFSE will sure be taking advantage of this!

Several servers have switched over to 0.3b
It's called 0.3b because it's quite different from 0.3a RC8
(HTTP Threading, the server client looks quite different, new functions, etc.)

I finished doing some work on my SMF integration functions using HTTP function now. This is purely awesome. PHP has very much (natively) that PAWN doesn't have (even with plugins). I shall be making some of the code open-sourced for the benefits of C-SMF or even writing my own SMF integration module.

I also have been thinking of writing a little code that detects if your vehicle has been flipped for a second or two and then turns it back on its wheels. Sounds minor for the player effect but is a lot of work.

Andre said:
I suppose the "important bug" affected a serious part of the netcode and no backwards compatibility between R8 and newer versions could have been kept?
That sounds like a real reason for the quick 0.3b release. Totally missed this point. :facepalm:

Thanks Deadly, I'll grab the RC2 and Incognito's plugin as well.

Also making my HTTP POST requests a little more secure by adding a hash key different on every server gamemode load.

Andre said:
Thanks Deadly, I'll grab the RC2 and Incognito's plugin as well.

Also making my HTTP POST requests a little more secure by adding a hash key different on every server gamemode load.
Ah, no problem and nice, more security.
By the way, the windows plugin isn't working. Just linux plugin is working; I'm just waiting for Incognito to fix that problem.
And Mave, update the first post, 0.3b RC2 is released.

Back
Top Bottom