Require people to log in before viewing the forums?

Are we going to disable access to guests on the forums?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
I was thinking about this issue again, we've thought about this before, but I really want to know what you guys think.

The poll result will determine if we are going to keep guests from visiting our forum... or not.

Yes. Definitely.
I wanted to suggest this a while ago when I saw a lot of guests.

We could force them to introduce themselves first, but after that we can't do much.

Mave said:
We could force them to introduce themselves first, but after that we can't do much.

Then they would be corpses with 1 post :troll:
But I support this idea.

Grazy. said:
No, just no. Don't ask why. I just do not support this.

I know why. :E
Because you hate the forums that require you to register to see 1 goddamn post ;P
I hate them too but TMS NEEDS more mebers ;_;

What do you get off members that are not involved in the community and don't post anything?

Mave said:
The people will just leave because it makes them angry.

Also there aren't that many interesting topics here to warrant this.

Yes, but not on all boards

As for myself I really get mad if I have to register first to see one single post. It's better to have some guests than
Panki said:
forum corpses everywhere.

Seems like "Yes, but not on all boards" is winning anyway, then we only need to figure out which boards to show for guests and which not.

You can easily make it so that the boards don't show at all for guests, but making it so that it doesn't allow them to enter some of the boards but still show the boards to the visitor requires a little PHP coding.

Unfortunately I do not have that kind of knowledge, maybe there's a mod out there for it though.

Back
Top Bottom