Discussion Red Dead Redemption 2: General Discussion

Mauri

Custom title here
Staff member
VIP
Haven't played it that much at all honestly. Only did the first couple mandatory missions and then I freeroamed around and quit. I still haven't finished the main story either..

Mave

TMS Founder
Staff member
Haven't played it that much at all honestly. Only did the first couple mandatory missions and then I freeroamed around and quit. I still haven't finished the main story either..
I finished the game, but not the sidequests at all. Need to pick it up again but can't motivate myself to do it right now.

Mave

TMS Founder
Staff member
Just started Epilogue I

Oh man.
Oh man.

I still miss Arthur to this day ;___; Seriously first game I ever got emotional over. I hate that he died but still really like the game. It isn't the same with John though. Thinking about starting over and staying in chapter 2 or 3 forever. I also want R* to release the damn music. I wanna cry my eyes out with May I? Stand Unshaken & That's The Way It Is

BUMP.

Am I the only person who thinks RDR2 is, well, a crappy game?

Don't get me wrong, its beautiful to look at, but it's so hard to get into. I don't really feel anything for Morgan or the gang, and the ending was ruined for me (although I could see it coming, not the particular reason but definitely the ending).

I played RDO with a couple of mates for maybe 2 hours, and I don't think any of us have gone back to it.

I was never really into RDR1 anyway so that might affect my thinking in some way.

I guess what I'm saying is: f*ck RDR2, something about it grinds my damn gears.

Mave

TMS Founder
Staff member
BUMP.

Am I the only person who thinks RDR2 is, well, a crappy game?

Don't get me wrong, its beautiful to look at, but it's so hard to get into. I don't really feel anything for Morgan or the gang, and the ending was ruined for me (although I could see it coming, not the particular reason but definitely the ending).

I played RDO with a couple of mates for maybe 2 hours, and I don't think any of us have gone back to it.

I was never really into RDR1 anyway so that might affect my thinking in some way.

I guess what I'm saying is: f*ck RDR2, something about it grinds my damn gears.
Personally I loved the singleplayer, and thought that the story was really touching.

However: you could kinda see the ending coming indeed. And the online portion is not interesting at all (imo) I only managed to play maybe 40 minutes..

I also didn't play RDR1 but still thought RDR2 was really good.

I do understand why some people like yourself don't find the game that good (maybe calling it a crappy game goes a bit too far though).
Since a lot of the missions are repetitive and have you horsing around the entire map.

In conclusion I really enjoyed the game, but haven't really touched it since I finished the epilogue.