Re: Community vote for the removal of "TheDarkness"

Austin

I have read though every post made by the member "TheDarkness" and all posts related to his. From what I can see, he actually did nothing wrong. There where two points of dis-positive behaviour, they are listed below. Please post any incidents I have have overlooked.

Incident One
Bullshit, I guarantee these guys are a bunch of script kiddies using botnets. Fucking noobs.

anyways, Why would middle aged WOMEN be DDoSing paypal and shit

LMFAO c'mon, sounds fake to me....

but whatever rocks the FBI's boat.
Reference: https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?topic=13372.msg127252#msg127252

From where I stand, TheDarkness was not at all insulting or referring in any way to anybody within our community. He was expressing his own opinion on the subject. I believe problem was arisen when what he said was marked as "sexist." Whether or not the statement was sexist is irreverent, this forum makes and admires a lot of sexiest jokes. Getting in his face about that was completely unnecessary. Regardless, he did not respond to the implementation in a negative way.

Incident Two
Any other angle views of this car? I am sorry for the owner and wish him the best of luck, Just the face of the car made me laugh, so panki, no need to get your panties in a bunch...
Reference: https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?topic=13748.msg129341#msg129341

This was followed directly by these two posts:
TheDarkness said:
I LOL'ed at this
Panki said:
Fries said:
Lets hope that the truck doesn't let that car down, then the person who took this pic would be in trouble :troll:
Smart.

It seems to me that as lot of people quote the previous person to make a reply to them, TheDarkness simply thought Panki sarcastically said "Smart" in reply to his response. In his defense, he said "no need to get your panties in a bunch..." This provoked Panki to reply violently, saying:

[quote author=Panki]
What is your fucking problem? I never said I was mad/acted like it.
[/quote]
Reference: https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?topic=13748.msg129372#msg129372

The next relative response was made by Vodkush, saying:

2u0Of.jpg

Please shut the fuck up and leave. Seriously you are a fucking parasite; and your fucking parents.
Reference: https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?topic=13748.msg129490#msg129490

Please shut the fuck up and leave. Seriously you are a fucking parasite; and your fucking parents.
Please note that this was before TheDarkness had actually responded again. Next relatively, Nimphiouus went on to insult his national division ("Oh, he's American? Demolish him."). This is still before TheDarkness had actually responded again.

These are completely disproportional responses to "no need to get your panties in a bunch...," which - in my eyes - well excuses the next thing he said: "Haha troll off...."

I'm sorry, but I simply can't see what he did wrong to deserve such a bashing from the rest of the community. I strongly encourage you to read though everything he has ever written on this forum:

https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?action=profile;u=891;area=showposts;start=80

Starting from the bottom of Page 5 and working towards the top of Page 1. I find the banning of TheDarkness not only completely unnecessary, but barbaric. Unless there is something that I have missed about the user, why is it that we're banning off regular people who come to this community?

I have to agree with you. Also since you are not VIP, you couldn't see the post where certain person called him dickhead without any reason.

Austin said:
Unless there is something that I have missed about the user, why is it that we're banning off regular people who come to this community?

It was a vote, for everyone to freely express their opinion on (Therefore making it fair). More people voted to get rid of him, so that was the outcome. It's not like this was forced, some people simply didn't like him.

GPow69 said:
It was a vote, for everyone to freely express their opinion on (Therefore making it fair). More people voted to get rid of him, so that was the outcome. It's not like this was forced, some people simply didn't like him.

I'm not saying that votes are not far, I'm simply saying that this community very is one-sided and this is not helping us make new members. The community didn't like him because he's a little... stupid, to put it bluntly. That is not a reason to start banning people.

Mauri said:
I have to agree with you. Also since you are not VIP, you couldn't see the post where certain person called him dickhead without any reason.

As far as I know I am able to view the VIP board. Could you link me to this event?

Austin said:
I'm not saying that votes are not far, I'm simply saying that this community very is one-sided and this is not helping us make new members. The community didn't like him because he's a little... stupid, to put it bluntly. That is not a reason to start banning people.

What's the fun in having a community full of people hardly anyone likes? That's kindof like hanging out with people you detest IRL

Last time I checked, TheMaveSite was a public community. You might not like your Neighbor, but that's no reason to have him sent to jail. You might be a cop (lets assume this is a small community and cops have all the political power), and thus you have the power to send him to jail, it doesn't mean you should.

GPow69 said:
Austin said:

What's the fun in having a community full of people hardly anyone likes? That's kindof like hanging out with people you detest IRL
If that is truely the way you think about it and maybe even the way things are then I am dissapointed quite a lot actually.

By looking at the wording you have used, it seems apparent you are trying to "twist" things here. I wasn't "insulting" his nationality, by the way is what you call it, not a "national division". If he were Iraqi, Swiss, Norwegian, Australian or whatever, I would have said demolish him anyway, so I wasn't singling out his nationality.

I have trouble finding the word I'm looking for often, lol. So I put just add one that means the same thing. Regardless, why mention his nationality (followed by a question mark and a statement leading on from that saying "demolish him") if there was no meaning behind it? I'm not trying to twist anything around here, that's naturally that it read as.

Austin said:
I have trouble finding the word I'm looking for often, lol. So I put just add one that means the same thing. Regardless, why mention his nationality (followed by a question mark and a statement leading on from that saying "demolish him") if there was no meaning behind it? I'm not trying to twist anything around here, that's naturally that it read as.

I didn't mean you were twisting that in particular, he was victimized. If a majority of a group dislikes a person, it's worth considering the possibility they have done something wrong to those people. People don't generally dislike people for no reason. I said American? demolish him as a pun, however I said it simply because I can. Theres really no need to have a wahwah about it all.

Okay. Can you give me some reasoning behind why you believe the community did not like him?

This reminds me of a workforce. People are dicks to the new employees simply to prove their dominance over them.

Austin said:
Okay. Can you give me some reasoning behind why you believe the community did not like him?

Personally I didn't like his attitude, and his humor was a tad too immature.

Austin said:

This reminds me of a workforce. People are dicks to the new employees simply to prove their dominance over them.

I've been here for a long time, I've never witnessed any new members being picked on, if anything they've all been welcome with open arms. His attitude, immaturity and idiocracy made him disliked.

Nimphiouus said:
Austin said:

I've been here for a long time, I've never witnessed any new members being picked on, if anything they've all been welcome with open arms. I made him more disliked.

Fixed. Hurpadurpa, inb4shitstorm.

Also

Nimphiouus said:
I've been here for a long time

Date Registered: October 07, 2011, 10:48 :troll:
Current date: 14 October.

ONE WEEK SURE IS A LONG TIME!

I agree with you Austin (& Mauri & Impulse.
But I have to admit that his humour was a bit... weird to say the least.
In the '1000 things to say before you die', nobody said something stupid until he said 'fuck a grandma xD lololol'.
I don't think anyone here liked that response.
Of course that's no reason to ban him, but the poll turned out that way.
I actually didn't vote because I wanted to know what the community wanted.

Okay anyone can register on the forum, but we're still a small, limited community (everybody 'knows' everybody), so that makes things just a little bit different.

Grazy. said:
Nimphiouus said:
Austin said:

I've been here for a long time, I've never witnessed any new members being picked on, if anything they've all been welcome with open arms. I made him more disliked.

Fixed. Hurpadurpa, inb4shitstorm.

Also

Nimphiouus said:
I've been here for a long time

Date Registered: October 07, 2011, 10:48 :troll:
Current date: 14 October.

ONE WEEK SURE IS A LONG TIME!

Eh......you're an idiot, he was disliked before I even came back and obviously I was talking about the time before I left in addition to the new account. retard.

You sound upset.

Also, you offended me without a reason, LET'S MAKE A COMMUNITY VOTE FOR THE REMOVAL OF NIMPHIOUS HURRDURRHURR

Grazy. said:
LET'S MAKE A COMMUNITY VOTE FOR THE REMOVAL OF NIMPHIOUS HURRDURRHURR

Sure, nobody's stopping you. However the outcome might not be to get rid of him because most people do like him and get along fine.. The opposite of most people vs. Darkness

On the other hand if people are so upset, why not make a poll asking whether or not we should unban Darkness? If the outcome is to unban him then well that's fine because it's what the majority wants. It's like a democratic system.. and it goes either way.

Grazy. said:
If I'd make a poll, I'd give two options, Yes and Yes.

Then there's no actual point to the poll.

Grazy. said:
You sound upset.

Also, you offended me without a reason, LET'S MAKE A COMMUNITY VOTE FOR THE REMOVAL OF NIMPHIOUS HURRDURRHURR

Not upset, you're also more then welcome to make a vote for my removal.

:troll: But regardless of the outcome, I wouldn't be leaving brah

Back
Top Bottom