Porsche has renamed its Mission E the Taycan

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Porsche has renamed its Mission E the Taycan

Stuttgart’s first all-electric performance car is now called the ‘lively young horse’

IU6JVYE.jpg

2NDoy6c.jpg

Big news. Up until now you’ve known Porsche’s all-electric performance car – due next year – as the Mission E. That was a good name; futuristic, optimistic and powerful. But Porsche has now put that name in the bin: the impending 600bhp four-seat EV has been christened ‘Taycan’.

We’re told that the name can be roughly translated as “lively young horse” in a Eurasian dialect. However, Porsche seems confused as elsewhere it refers to it as a “spirited young horse”. Either way, and even if it is a nod to the brand’s famous crest, it’s a bit of a crap name for a potentially pioneering electric car.

As a reminder, the Taycan is the car that Porsche is lining up to take on the might of Tesla. And what we know so far is that it’ll both be very fast on the road, as well to juice up.

Source and more: https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/porsche-has-renamed-its-mission-e-taycan

Yeah, I know Porsche has a horse in their crest as well, but if I think about horses and cars, my mind instantly goes to Ferrari...
Still, it's a better name than "Mission E". That just sounds like you get a miniature Tom Cruise in every glovebox.

Yeah, I know Porsche has a horse in their crest as well, but if I think about horses and cars, my mind instantly goes to Ferrari...
Still, it's a better name than "Mission E". That just sounds like you get a miniature Tom Cruise in every glovebox.
I actually lke the Stuttgart horse more, even though it's less pre-eminent.

xX50d9Q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom