[POLL] What's your screen resolution?

What's your screen resolution?

  • Bigger than 1920x1080

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1920x1080

    Votes: 7 77.8%
  • 1366x768

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1280x1024

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smaller than 1280x1024

    Votes: 2 22.2%

  • Total voters
    9

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
139,775
Location
Belgium
What's your screen resolution?

Please answer the poll.



Reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of increasing the max-width of images on the forum everywhere from 1000px in width to 1200px or more.



Example of current max-width, 1000px (this should look fine for everybody)


Example of 1200 max-width


Example of 1600 max-width
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
139,775
Location
Belgium
Panki said:
1920x1080 on my main, 1280x1024 on my secondary.
Hmm, on 1280x1024 only the current max-width doesn't go out of the window :|
 

Panki

BOFH
Messages
13,098
Mave said:
Panki said:
1920x1080 on my main, 1280x1024 on my secondary.
Hmm, on 1280x1024 only the current max-width doesn't go out of the window :|
Don't worry, my browser is always on my primary!
Edit: Why not make it a user specific setting? Or make the image size relative to the browser window size?
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
139,775
Location
Belgium
Panki said:
Mave said:
Panki said:
1920x1080 on my main, 1280x1024 on my secondary.
Hmm, on 1280x1024 only the current max-width doesn't go out of the window :|
Don't worry, my browser is always on my primary!
Edit: Why not make it a user specific setting? Or make the image size relative to the browser window size?
I did look into that a while ago, but I it still fucked up somehow (https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?topic=23329.msg171882#msg171882), and since on an average page there are quite a lot of images, the page loading time was doubled.

What I do now is resize every image I post to 1000px in width (luckily I can do this on imgur after uploading).
The rule in every image-based topic is also to resize pictures +1000px in width with . (wallpaper topics excluded because it would just take too much time and they're all the same size anyway so one can just control+min to zoom out)
But since 1200-1300 also fits on most people's screens I thought I could increase that value.

If the other active members also all have a Full HD resolution, I'll increase it to 1300 probably.
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
139,775
Location
Belgium
Stybar said:
1080p here. Still, I prefer the 1200px width. It looks better, somehow.
I think 1300 might also still be good, below are 1200 and 1300

1300


1200


Why would 1300 be better? A LOT of images on the web have 1280 as width, if 1300 is the width I don't have to resize about half the pictures I post.
 

Blubber

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,671
Location
Luxemburg
Computer Display 1600*1200
On second display (tv) 1360*768 (recommended), but hmm don't know if that's the best resolution?!
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
139,775
Location
Belgium
Blubber said:
Computer Display 1600*1200
On second display (tv) 1360*768 (recommended), but hmm don't know if that's the best resolution?!
Highest is always best.



I've concluded that everybody can view an image of 1300px in width, so I'm going to upgrade the current image rules to change the current max-width of 1000px.
Thanks for voting and your feedback!
 

Panki

BOFH
Messages
13,098
Mave said:
Blubber said:
Computer Display 1600*1200
On second display (tv) 1360*768 (recommended), but hmm don't know if that's the best resolution?!
Highest is always best.
Uh no. It depends on your screen size, if your screen only has that amount of pixels it doesn't help trying to force a higher res into it. It'll look like shit.
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
139,775
Location
Belgium
Panki said:
Mave said:
Blubber said:
Computer Display 1600*1200
On second display (tv) 1360*768 (recommended), but hmm don't know if that's the best resolution?!
Highest is always best.
Uh no. It depends on your screen size, if your screen only has that amount of pixels it doesn't help trying to force a higher res into it. It'll look like shit.
Well I thought the highest option was always the highest possible, my bad.
 

Panki

BOFH
Messages
13,098
Mave said:
Panki said:
Mave said:
Blubber said:
Computer Display 1600*1200
On second display (tv) 1360*768 (recommended), but hmm don't know if that's the best resolution?!
Highest is always best.
Uh no. It depends on your screen size, if your screen only has that amount of pixels it doesn't help trying to force a higher res into it. It'll look like shit.
Well I thought the highest option was always the highest possible, my bad.
On modern OS it is, but I believe in XP there is no restriction.
 
Top