Opera 10 Beta

GPow69

EDM for life ♥
Opera 10 Beta Has released, And it has some features that absolutely own FireFox. FF Is SO FAR BEHIND Opera! Mozilla Is focusing on all those little add-ons, where Opera is making the whole browser experience better.

Heres a download Link for those who want to take this amazing re-designed browser out for a spin :scanner:

Here is an article on Opera 10 Beta
( Original: http://www.betanews.com/article/Opera-10-beta-sports-a-new-look-23-boosted-performance/1244004148 )

Opera 10 beta sports a new look, 23% boosted performance
A highly revamped rendering engine gives the first public beta of the new Opera browser 28% better performance than the latest stable Firefox.

Tabs in the new default skin are rounded, and arguably look more like tabs. The big surprise -- and certainly Opera's latest submission to the "Now, Why Didn't We Think of That?" department -- is the vertically resizable tab bar. Dragging the grabber down reveals thumbnails of the latest snapshots of the visible open tabs.

3375.jpg

opera_tabs.jpg

This is one of those "Aha!" features that could draw new users to Opera, at least until Firefox or another browser appropriates it. You don't have to reveal the entire thumbnail, so you don't have to consume too much space. Granted, as I've said before in our reviews of Mozilla's mobile browser experiment Fennec, thumbnails aren't always representative of their content. But they do represent multiple open pages more effectively than just their "favicon" icons (which disappear when you drag the tab bar down).

All of a sudden, Firefox is actually behind the ball with respect to an issue it was supposed to have owned: the contents of a newly created tab. While Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 introduces the public for the first time to "favorites" concepts Mozilla Labs began experimenting with last year, Opera is adding some intriguing new features to the Speed Dial feature it introduced in version 9.5. Now you can alter the size of the Speed Dial grid to as much as 5 x 5, and pull up a custom background from your hard drive.

3376.jpg

Opera Turbo is a new feature, that makes your pages load faster on a slow internet connection. So, if you have a bad Wi-Fi Signal and your pages take 100 seconds to load without turbo, Turning turbo on could potentally increase the loading speed up to 40% (The page would load in 60 Seconds instead of 100)

Opera Turbo is actually a compression technology that allows you to compress content (like HTML pages), bringing up content 3 or 4 times faster than slower connections and according to Opera, offers broadband-like speeds on dial up. Part of the magic is also achieved by compressing images.

(For those that dont know what Speed Dial is, Its basically a page that you can put a bunch of your favourite and most visited web pages (up to 20 with the new update). Speed Dial shows up every time you open a new tab, and incase you are wondering, No, it takes virtually no time to load.
(Here is my Speed Dial:CLICK MEH :3)

I Love It, You should all check it out!!

Oh shit! This is so much better than both FireFox and Safari, completely awesome, It's now set as my default browser.

Thanks for the link, Gpow!

EDIT: There's no bookmark toolbar? D:

FeaR said:
EDIT: There's no bookmark toolbar? D:

Yes there is! (What doesnt Opera Have? :tongue:)

Go To View>ToolBars> and Enable "Personal Bar". It will appear, and then just drag pages you like to it (You cant drag right out of the bookmarks list, Load the page into a tab then drag the tab onto the personal bar) :)

Some Day Im gonna make a topic with a lot of Opera features, some lots of people probably dont know about :O

Did I Mention you can have search engines in your personal bar? Right click the bar and "Show Searches" (pick the one you want, And you can add whatever search engines you want in tools>prefrences>Search, Or just go to the search engines page, right click in the search bar, and hit "Create Search" (I Now have Google And Cnet Search, and my Default is Cuil :biggrin:))

Anything to get more opera users in the world!

BTW, Have you checked out some themes in Tools>Appearance?

Err, for some reason I might go back to firefox, I've been using it for like 3 years now.

And Opera doesnt open direct links D:, like if someone posts a link to a webpage, Opera opens it to your home page, you need to have the browser open to open the valid link you clicked.

click the link and opera will open. now click the link again.
Guess what happens?

AMAZING!! IT OPENS!!
If your so awesome and special like you keep saying you are, why dont you stop being lazy about it.

How do I make it warn me before closing a browser with more than 1 tab?

[SL]Slayer said:
WHy would you need that? IMO thats annoying. But its kinda useful sometimes.
I accidentally keep closing my broswer D:

woozie said:
HOLY SHIT DATS AWESOME
DOWNLOADING NOW!
THANKS GP <3
EDIT:
Look @ this pure awesomeness:

THIS JUST ROCKS
Your acting like you've never seen a Internet browser before?

WOW Nice, i've been using FF Forever. Now im switching.

My fav. feature is, You can get preview for the TABS
Awezome :biggrin:

GP, +1 Cookie for download link (im lazy)

Back
Top Bottom