Ontario woman accidentally steals car for 2 weeks, mistaking it for a rental

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Ontario woman accidentally steals car for 2 weeks, mistaking it for a rental

7Ll7iU0.png

The saga began in late June when a woman rented a black Nissan Sentra from Enterprise Rent-A-Car company in Cornwall, Ont., about an hour west of Montreal.

After renting the car, MacKay said the woman drove three or four minutes to the local Walmart where she did some grocery shopping.

"Shortly thereafter she exited, walked over to the area where she had parked her vehicle, saw a shiny black vehicle, hopped in it and drove away," he said.

It turns out the car that she thought was her rental vehicle was actually a 2015 black Infiniti QX50, a hatchback — not the sedan she had originally rented.

Both cars use a key fob, which doesn't require a key to start the car. The owner of the stolen Infiniti, an elderly man, had accidently left his key fob in the vehicle.

This allowed the woman to drive off, completely unaware that it wasn't her rental.

Source and more: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...r-2-weeks-mistaking-it-for-a-rental-1.4740610

And that's the risk of the key fob. Moral of the story is: DON'T LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE CAR.

And that's the risk of the key fob. Moral of the story is: DON'T LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE CAR.
For some reason I also really don’t like the keyless car system, I prefer a good old key that you insert and turn.

Feels better, doesn't it? Pressing a button just feels kinda... wimpy. I like it when I twist my wrist, I hear the engine come to life.

Back
Top Bottom