TMS No Fishing

That's because it's a bird, Mave. It's a frikken bird, it can't read!
Oh I wouldn't be too sure about that...

M9Hu24U.jpg

Using Big Bird is cheating.

Fun fact: he was supposed to go to space! In the '80s, NASA saw that it's popularity among the younger crowd was dwindling. So, they thought up of a neat PR stunt: they would take Big Bird (that means the actor AND the suit), up into space, to show the young kids that space was cool!
However, they hit a bit of a snag when they realized that the suit didn't fit in the shuttle. So, the whole project was binned.
At least, for Big Bird. To still have some PR credibility left, they set up the Teachers in Space program. The goal was to take a teacher in space, purely as a PR boost. So, instead of Big Bird, a civilian teacher was selected to go into space.
The actor who played Big Bird, was devastated. He really wanted to go to space. So, at the morning of the launch, he sat with heavy heart as he watched the space shuttle take off. Seconds later, it exploded. The shuttle in question was the Challenger.

Using Big Bird is cheating.

Fun fact: he was supposed to go to space! In the '80s, NASA saw that it's popularity among the younger crowd was dwindling. So, they thought up of a neat PR stunt: they would take Big Bird (that means the actor AND the suit), up into space, to show the young kids that space was cool!
However, they hit a bit of a snag when they realized that the suit didn't fit in the shuttle. So, the whole project was binned.
At least, for Big Bird. To still have some PR credibility left, they set up the Teachers in Space program. The goal was to take a teacher in space, purely as a PR boost. So, instead of Big Bird, a civilian teacher was selected to go into space.
The actor who played Big Bird, was devastated. He really wanted to go to space. So, at the morning of the launch, he sat with heavy heart as he watched the space shuttle take off. Seconds later, it exploded. The shuttle in question was the Challenger.

Damn what an interesting story... Of course I already knew the end, but I never knew the Big Bird plans.. TIL.

Back
Top Bottom