Need for Speed Heat™ Official Reveal Trailer

please be good, please be good, please be good....

Looks like they went with a heavy cop setting, a la Most Wanted. Which is great, it was one of the best of the series. The past few games, the modifying has been awesome, and it looks like they're bringing that back, which is also great.
Now it's just hoping that the main plot actually makes sense, and takes you longer than 20 hours to finish.

Also, a heavy focus on the new Volvo V90 in that trailer...

Double post, because why not.

Top post of the NFS subreddit (f8rge is a Ghost dev, and a major user on the NFS sub):
Looks like they're going with a double system, day time racing for money, and nighttime racing for rep. IMO, the game will hinge on this being well implemented. You can switch at will, but if you have to switch often, it'll take all the pacing right out of it.

Also, it's confirmed that the Speedcard system from Payback is gone. So far, no talk about other microtransactions, but let's be fair. It's still EA. They'll cram it in, somehow. Although I didn't really mind the way they did it in Payback.

please be good, please be good, please be good....

Looks like they went with a heavy cop setting, a la Most Wanted. Which is great, it was one of the best of the series. The past few games, the modifying has been awesome, and it looks like they're bringing that back, which is also great.
Now it's just hoping that the main plot actually makes sense, and takes you longer than 20 hours to finish.

Also, a heavy focus on the new Volvo V90 in that trailer...
Sponsored by Volvo for sure. Crossing my fingers as well for the game.

Thanks for that reddit post! Happy that the speed cards are history. Night sure sounds interesting.

And here's the gameplay trailer:

It looks... really, really good. Police chases look a lot like they did in Most Wanted/Carbon, so that's a plus from me. Customization looks as insane as ever, but that never was going to be an issue. It was great in NFS2015 and Payback too. That exhaust tuning looks mighty interesting, though.
Avatar customization is also a thing, taking a page from Forza Horizon, I guess. I don't mind. I like customizing characters, so I don't have any problems with this.
The Speednet thing is back... I guess it's their way to fight piracy, but... I just hope they don't content behind requirements with a crew, because that is going to suck.
The comments on reddit are going heavy on the "iT's ToO dRiFtY", but it looked fine to me... Official dev response somewhere says that they did change the model from Payback, but that it's up to how you tune your cars, to change the way the grip. We'll see, I guess. It started as a turnoff in Payback for me, but I kinda liked the easy going driving in the end.

Yeah, I'm on board the hype train.
Choo choo, motherfucker.

Another double post, because I keep finding new shit on the subreddit.

Here's the car list.

' 92 Honda NSX and '99 Skyline are in it, so I'm good. Also, the fucking Ferrari Testarossa is here! Combined with the night setting, and the neon looks from the trailers, I'm ready for some outrun aesthetics.

Another double post, because I keep finding new shit on the subreddit.

Here's the car list.

' 92 Honda NSX and '99 Skyline are in it, so I'm good. Also, the fucking Ferrari Testarossa is here! Combined with the night setting, and the neon looks from the trailers, I'm ready for some outrun aesthetics.
Oh man Testarossa :love:
Trailer has got me hyped as well!

So I've played around with the NFS Studio app today. It's just a little thing that shows off every car, and customization options. I hope that it's not everything there is in the actual game though, because some options really were lacking. The body kits for the 240Z seem to be geared towards off-roading, and nothing for some nice street builds. The cars are being drip-fed, with a new batch dropping every week. The wrap editor is as advertised: it's fully there. Pick shapes, resize and place them, and change colors. It works surprisingly smooth.
Supposedly, you can save designs you make, and then use those designs in the actual game.

Still, it's free. And it's nice to toy around with while waiting for something to download or something, I guess.

So I've played around with the NFS Studio app today. It's just a little thing that shows off every car, and customization options. I hope that it's not everything there is in the actual game though, because some options really were lacking. The body kits for the 240Z seem to be geared towards off-roading, and nothing for some nice street builds. The cars are being drip-fed, with a new batch dropping every week. The wrap editor is as advertised: it's fully there. Pick shapes, resize and place them, and change colors. It works surprisingly smooth.
Supposedly, you can save designs you make, and then use those designs in the actual game.

Still, it's free. And it's nice to toy around with while waiting for something to download or something, I guess.
Offroading with a 240Z? Wat.
Also fuck dripfeeding, I already hate this in GTA:O.

If this is the reason Toyota isn't in the new NFS, it's a pretty silly one.

80CjR3c.jpg

Yeah, those modifications look the same as in the app. Those spoilers on the ZR1 look hideous.

No MTX, so that's good. I can live with the timesavers (which I don't want anyway) and the car packs. If the pricing is decent, I'm okay with paying for more content (5 bucks for 5 cars is pretty good, IMO).

The only thing I'm left wondering now is what the benefits are for a higher heat level. If it's just a multiplier for the rep you earn, that's gonna bottom out quick if you've unlocked everything.

Also, lol @ "basic collectible, Flamingos". Can't wait to smash into those gaudy plastic monstrosities.

Back
Top Bottom