My PC's all fucked up

I'm downloading the ultimate boot disk now. Hopefully I can somehow backup my data, seriously. A few files is all I need. Then I'll be getting a 500gb/1tb HDD if needed abd boot up Windows 7 on it ^_^

But I really hope I can get the files. If I can't then I'll take it to a repair shop I guess.

Andre said:
I'm downloading the ultimate boot disk now. Hopefully I can somehow backup my data, seriously. A few files is all I need. Then I'll be getting a 500gb/1tb HDD if needed abd boot up Windows 7 on it ^_^

But I really hope I can get the files. If I can't then I'll take it to a repair shop I guess.

If you do take it to a shop, Remember to say it's srs sa-mp business.

Andre said:
If I need a fuckig new hard drive then I will get a fucking hard drive... damn.
But I need to retrieve the latest SFSFv2 files too. I don't know what and how I'll be able to get them >.>
My mum has a friend who is into the hardware shit, he said there prolly has to be some replacing since it may be the mobo fucking up or the HD. HDD fuckup case is the worst since if that's true SFSFv2's done. Unless someone recreates the script.
Doesn't Mave have a copy?

Wow, That sucks :(
I really hope you get your data back, I don't want SFSF to die :cry:

I Think if you manage to get SFSF's GM Back, you and Mave should both exchange the latest copy whenever there is an update.

GPow69 said:
I Think if you manage to get SFSF's GM Back, you and Mave should both exchange the latest copy whenever there is an update.
Great idea mate!

Remis said:
Did you try my suggestion with the linux livecd knoppix? You don't need a working hard drive for it, it boots up from the cd and RAM. (http://www.knoppix.org/)
I'm gonna burn the Ultra Boot thing tomorrow and try to get the files. If fails, then I will get the Linux thing.

Fact is that the HD is dead and you can't recover any data from a dead disk.
There's some sort of restoring thing available for twice the cost of a new HD.

I will be getting a new HD (500gb) SATA2 Western Digital one, then another one soon in future for backups incase it is a fail. I will also install Windows 7 from a USB disk.
I hope I will be back up MAINSTREAM soon!

Andre said:
Fact is that the HD is dead and you can't recover any data from a dead disk.

Andre said:
HDD fuckup case is the worst since if that's true SFSFv2's done. Unless someone recreates the script.

:cry:

Wait. Can't you get it from where ever its uploaded to the server? :O

Aren't they wanting server SRC files to convert it for 0.3?
It won't do much good having compiled scripts that are made for 0.2X

CreonSniper said:
Aren't they wanting server SRC files to convert it for 0.3?
It won't do much good having compiled scripts that are made for 0.2X
Who are they if I may ask?
And yes obviously many-many scripts compiled to 0.2x won't work, but probably the most important thing is that vehicle locks/objective key/mods have to be reapplied in OnVehicleStreamIn(vehicleid, forplayerid) for example.
There's much more cool stuff I had made for 0.3 script of SFSFv2 but that's history (lol)

And what's my motivation to fix things up? I have a very old script copy.
The .amx on my external HDD is compiled on 22th of July 2009 and it is just 350kb. I have to point out that from the time of 22th July, the following changes have been issued to the script:
26/07/2009:
* Fixed a /upgrade bug (reported by Slayer)
* Fixed a race time bug (reported by Sanguine)
* Fixed a bug in /racekick - you can no longer kick people who aren't racing
* Admin chat with a prefix added ("// <message>")

27/07/2009:
* Anti weapon hacking checks weapon range 0 - 46 now
* Added a method to stop false weapon hack reports (should be fully working)
* Players with miniguns are not banned anymore, but kicked (discussion)
* non-admins don't see message about admin /goto-ing to them (discussion)
* added !a for admins on IRC to chat in adminchat (discussion)

28/07/2009:
* Fixed a /join bug where it gives an invalid amount of participants.
* Fixed a bug in /spec where ID doesn't get assigned properly and it sends you a message twice.
* "The RAINBOW EFFECT" in a cool textdraw is now fully uppercase ("THE RAINBOW EFFECT")

29/07/2009:
* A message that used to say "ERROR:..." when you un-readied has been changed, it now says "[SFSF]..."
* Bug with race starting twice fixed
* /rainbow doesn't require a on/off parameter anymore.
* Added /textdraws - will enable/disable your textdraws.
* Bug in /playerinfo with country showing as "00" fixed.

07/08/2009:
* Fixed a bug with online time textdraw showing the wrong message.
* IRC message now sent when:
1. player is kicked on join (banned IP);
2. player is kicked on login (banned reg id);
3. player is kicked for weapon hacking

15/08/2009:
* OnPlayerSpawn now uses switch() to make the processing faster and make it use less CPU.
* Added /tpmsgs command for head administrators to toggle the teleport messages on/off.
* Fixed a slight formatting bug for /mytime & /myweather IRC messages
* Added /animlist command to command list
* Removed a pointless field in MySQL 'racerotation' which was never used, so we don't load it either.

16/08/2009:
* Removed MySQL debugging (issues with runtime stopping resolved, just a waste of space and processing time)
* Made the "server highlights" textdraw use less cell space by hardcoding the messages

17/08/2009:
* Fixed a formatting bug in /tele
* Added /grotto
* Added /SKIRamp
* Added vehicle exporting minigame
* You can no longer add NOS to a Maverick or a Cargobob
* If player is banned from IRC, the web panel now appends "(IRC)" to admin name (e.g "mark (IRC)")
* Active bans are now marked green in ban list on web panel, inactive bans are marked with red

18/08/2009:
* Fixed a bug with /setadmin shortcut (for /setlevel) saying ERROR: Unknown Command
* Removed the useless `logins` database function from server and web panel
* Removed "<" and ">" from command USAGE explanations (some preteen retards didn't get them, lol)
* Added /cc as a shortcut to /clearchat

19/08/2009:
* Added /reloadvehicles for head administrators (destroys all vehicles and respawns the ones in gamemode, not custom player ones)
* Fixed a bug in race loading

28/08/2009:
* Added /lock that's compatible with SA-MP 0.3 systems on request
* Added /dive (optional: <height>) on request
* Added /sfdrive that teleports you to San Fierro drifting mountains
* Added /drift that lists the drift locations
* Turned the "award system" (for completing stunts such as /skc, etc.) into a little more efficient one by not using IsPlayerInAnyVehicle and GetPlayerState() to check one thing twice.
* Added /spiral (also award when you complete it)

30/08/2009:
* /lock, /unlock, /nos and /rainbow can no longer be used by passengers (bug reported by Perkins)
* Some updates to WAR deathmatch zone arranging (read closer here...)
* While having /join'ed the race or while racing, you can no longer teleport to areas in /teles list (bug reported by Perkins)
* Added toggleable anti-bike-fall-off on request
* Added server uptime (time since last restart) counter.
* Removed useless broken vehicle lock code I made for /war DM vehicles
* Fixed a string bug in all the stunt-finish awards ("awared" -> "awarded")
* Turned a timer code into much more efficient one by switching to switch() function
* No more abusing of teleports when exporting a vehicle as suggested by Sanguine
* Small ID set fixed in /specoff

31/08/2009:
* Fixed "ban this user" message on panel to redirect you to banning the correct player ID.
* Fixed bug in a function that dealt with player state checking

04/09/2009:
* Added a protection for teleporting using /lpos when exporting (as suggested by Perkins)
* Fixed a problem with /rampkey menu message (as reported by Perkins)
* Fixed a problem with teleporting on a NRG-500 and /slapping someone who is on a NRG-500 (as reported by Perkins and GPow69)
But there has been loads of other work involved in the script since then aswell.

But it is sure that SFSFv2 will keep on running in case we still have players and stuff. When I have all fixed up with my HDDs and the computer, I will start working on improving the scriptversion from July and try to do like half off the stuff listed in one evening.
Perhaps we will even switch to G-sTyLeZzZ's MySQL plugin, but I don't really know since there's no good function for getting the data as I do it now. And I'm sure not interested in using a bunch of loops to explode some endless string.

But I hope the server and stuff will be alright and I hope we make it in schedule for 0.3 full release. ::)

btw oh gosh how I hate when stuff fucks up like that. I think it really is bad karma getting back at me, or I don't know lol. At one moment it is all perfect, all working, then something has to crack up or fuck up since there can't be a moment without issues.

You didn't answer my question, but I Assume its a "No" :sad:

At least you have the handy changelog so you can eventually get everything back, but do the most important stuff first :book:

GPow69 said:
You didn't answer my question, but I Assume its a "No" :sad:
GPow69 said:
Wait. Can't you get it from where ever its uploaded to the server? :O
I can get it. Sure can... but... the .amx only! That won't be of help.

Yeah and we made a good protection, which prevents the script from being able to be decompiled.

Crossing my fingers here.

Bump; Andre it has been two days now.
Did you manage to recover everything?

Well didn't you know that? I said the HDD was dead like... Sunday. :dry:

Anyways, as I twittered, I will be getting the PC in a few hours. I just burned my Windows 7 disk. I hope the install goes smooth and I can set up my iCenter in a few hours properly.

Back
Top Bottom