MusicBee

GPow69

EDM for life ♥
This is a nice light alternative music player I found the other day, I really like it.

The main screen looks something like this:
(Click to enlarge)

i6sThY2AeTQIN.PNG

It's got tons of themes preinstalled and you can make your own as well, if you don't like the look.

One of the main draws for me is that while maintaining a lot of the awesome features from, for example Winamp, it uses only about half the memory:
ixgDiNp96lPLe.PNG

ibiIPl6Yp2RPD6.PNG

I'm guessing it uses a lot less than iTunes as well, but I didn't test that because I don't have iTunes installed.

It's got a compact player mode, which is nice if you don't want it in the way

iS7csqIAJgZ58.PNG

And an even smaller mini player mode

ibwpdgGpdI1hKR.PNG

It's a great player, I love how it looks and works. Surprisingly it was made in Visual Basic o.O (As far as I know)

It's got a ton of other features too, see them here:
http://getmusicbee.com/features.html

From what I understand, MusicBee can even accept some plugins developed for Winamp with the inclusion of a certain .dll in the installation directory ::3:

Download Here!

I switched over from using Winamp to this, because winamp was buggy as fuck for me and took up a ton of resources. All those extra features are either available here as well, or I never used in Winamp. I like this player a LOT better :megusta:

My Winamp only uses 30.000k and I'll stick to it, this looks like a nice alternative tho' :biggrin:D

Panki said:
My Winamp only uses 30.000k

Fml what the fuck's wrong with mine :||| I don't even have any skins or plugins installed D:

Oh well, I'm getting used to this now. And I like this 'feature' I just found while listening to an internet radio; I used to listen to radios through RadioSure, but it had a cycling title bar, so the song name wasn't always showing, and if I was playing a game it'd sometimes be hard to catch (Also if it was prntscrn'd sometimes the whole thing wouldn't show up). I've missed getting the names of a ton of good songs because of this. In MB there's a play history (It's probably in winamp too but I'm not comparing the radio stuff to that), and it shows the title and artist of all the tracks they play on the radio :biggrin:D

4icQo.png

Impulse said:
Have been using it for ages already :tongue:
Pretty awesome music player.

WHY WOULDN'T YOU SHARE IT??? :<

So many winamp related frustrations could have been avoided :(

GPow, take a look at Winamps function calls and tell us what's going on D: I want to know what happens :3
(Get Process Monitor and create a filter for Winamp :biggrin:)

Panki said:
GPow, take a look at Winamps function calls and tell us what's going on D: I want to know what happens :3

Oh god more applications to clog up my system :|

I got the program, and now idk what you're really asking me to do :tongue:

I hate itunes and idevices with a passion, apple sucks ASS when running on windows. I 'got rid' of my ipod (lent it to a friend) and bought a REAL mp3 player.

GPow69 said:
Panki said:

Oh god more applications to clog up my system :|
QzWWd.png

You launch it, and create the following filter:

Process Name | contains | winamp | include

Then it should only show Winamps function calls.

Mave said:
I'm with iTunes because of my iPhone...

Doesn't mean you have to use it to listen to music. I only use iTunes for updating / restoring and stuff and foobar2000 to listen to music. That's everything I need :biggrin:

Maffia171 said:
Mave said:

Doesn't mean you have to use it to listen to music. I only use iTunes for updating / restoring and stuff and foobar2000 to listen to music. That's everything I need :biggrin:

Foobar is pretty cool, I used that for a while, But I didn't like its lack of customizability :\

GPow69 said:
Maffia171 said:
Mave said:

Foobar is pretty cool, I used that for a while, But I didn't like its lack of customizability :\
You can actually customize it a lot. Though you need some skills to do it properly.

Skills in what? Coding? I LOVE CODING. Tell me more.

By customization I was basically talking about like, moving stuff around in the interface easily, without actually changing any code, partially because I thought that wasn't even possible :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom