Movies: General Discussion

Yeah that review pretty much nails it.
Although I seriously haven't seen any of the political bullcrap he's talking about. Just some people whining over that Black Panther's NOT the first black superhero.

Gf wants to go to the movies but I can't find anything descent to watch, it's pretty sad these days.
https://kinepolis.be/nl/bioscopen/kinepolis-antwerpen

Just be glad she doesn't want to go to the new 50 shades of black?
I can definitely recommend staying home if you're thinking about Black Panther.
The only movie I'd watch is Ferdinand, and I'm not sure if I'd pay 15 bucks for it.

Stybar said:
Just be glad she doesn't want to go to the new 50 shades of black?
I can definitely recommend staying home if you're thinking about Black Panther.
The only movie I'd watch is Ferdinand, and I'm not sure if I'd pay 15 bucks for it.
We just ended up not going since there isn't anything worthwhile to watch.
And thankfully she hates the 50 shades movies.

Shape of Water wont the oscar. Sadly I have 0 interest in this movie.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/oscars-2018-winners-list-updating-live-1089542

Watched "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" last week and that one stole some awards as well, well deserved.

Dunkirk only sweeped some awards in the sound department, which was certainly deserved.

Also have 0 interest in Shape Of Water.
Kinda glad Boss Baby didn't win though. I admit, I haven't seen it yet, but on the surface it seems really dumb and cheesy. But again, I'm probably wrong, and it's likely good, like other Dreamworks movies.

Stybar said:
Also have 0 interest in Shape Of Water.
Kinda glad Boss Baby didn't win though. I admit, I haven't seen it yet, but on the surface it seems really dumb and cheesy. But again, I'm probably wrong, and it's likely good, like other Dreamworks movies.
If you ignore the fact that Spacey is now a semi-rapist, I'm sure you'll enjoy the movie.
I watched it before the scandal got out and genuinely enjoyed it. Probably would have done better at the awards if Spacey kept his hands to himself.

Kevin Spacey was in Boss Baby? Weird, IMDB doesn't list him...

Just found out that the new Scorsese movie The Irishman http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1302006/ was bought by Netflix and is a Netflix exclusive.. which means no theater release.
What the actual fuck? I want to enjoy a Scorsese movie on the big screen ffs.

Netflix is killing it with the movies, though. They took over Annihilation from Paramount, and that's a pretty awesome movie. Weird, but awesome.

Stybar said:
Netflix is killing it with the movies, though. They took over Annihilation from Paramount, and that's a pretty awesome movie. Weird, but awesome.
So that's why it was available for download in 1080p so early.. Never knew it was a Netflix movie. On my watchlist.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
So that's why it was available for download in 1080p so early.. Never knew it was a Netflix movie. On my watchlist.
It was great, but confusing. I was left with a lot of questions.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
It was great, but confusing. I was left with a lot of questions.
Confusing like Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis in Black Swan? I hope so.

No, it's the first Netflix thing I've seen in a while that doesn't includes full frontal nudity. You do get a shot of Portman's naked back though.

Stybar said:
No, it's the first Netflix thing I've seen in a while that doesn't includes full frontal nudity. You do get a shot of Portman's naked back though.
I don't like the direction Netflix is heading...

Ready Player One will be releasing in Belgium theaters next Wednesday, might check it out.

Can we talk about how crap the "new" Jurassic Park series is compared to the old one? Because it is.
Not even excited for the future movies https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4881806/

Not excited either. But then again, I've never been a great JP fan.

I am excited for Deadpool 2 though.

Stybar said:
Not excited either. But then again, I've never been a great JP fan.

I am excited for Deadpool 2 though.

The only descent superhero movies nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom