Movies: General Discussion

Just watched The Imitation Game on the plane back from Scotland.
Pretty good movie, Cumberbatch can pull of any role.

Mave said:
I know, right? Haven't seen Theory of Everything yet, but it must be one hell of a performance to steal away the Oscar of best Male lead.

Not having to do anything important here (see HSCT concerning internship), I watched a lot of movies last weekend.
Finally saw Kill Bill 1 and 2, Tarantino was obviously interesting in seeing whether he could break the record of most limbs chopped off in the first movie, the second was a lot less gory.
Also saw Hot Shots 1 and 2, which are hilarious when you've had a few, and you need to set your mind of things.
Kung Pow was... unique. Hilarious though.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
I know, right? Haven't seen Theory of Everything yet, but it must be one hell of a performance to steal away the Oscar of best Male lead.
Cumberbatch isn't in Theory of Everything? :tongue:

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Not having to do anything important here (see HSCT concerning internship), I watched a lot of movies last weekend.
Finally saw Kill Bill 1 and 2, Tarantino was obviously interesting in seeing whether he could break the record of most limbs chopped off in the first movie, the second was a lot less gory.
Also saw Hot Shots 1 and 2, which are hilarious when you've had a few, and you need to set your mind of things.
Kung Pow was... unique. Hilarious though.

I'm a hardcore Tarantino fan, just love his style in each of his movies.
And Kung Pow is pretty funny, used to watch this movie a lot when I was younger.
Never saw the Hot Shots movies.

So, for those of you living under a rock, DEADPOOL is coming out this week! It's gonna be either really good, or really, really bad, but critics so far seem to love it. Having high hopes for this one.
Strange thing is that in the US, it's rated R, in the UK it's 15+, the entire movie is scrapped in China for being to fucked up, but in Belgium... 12+
Now, I'm not a parent, but if I had a 13 year old kid, he/she/it would not be coming within a 10 mile radius of that movie.

Stybar said:
So, for those of you living under a rock, DEADPOOL is coming out this week! It's gonna be either really good, or really, really bad, but critics so far seem to love it. Having high hopes for this one.
Strange thing is that in the US, it's rated R, in the UK it's 15+, the entire movie is scrapped in China for being to fucked up, but in Belgium... 12+
Now, I'm not a parent, but if I had a 13 year old kid, he/she/it would not be coming within a 10 mile radius of that movie.
I'm gonna watch it tomorrow evening :biggrin:
Will report back.
Also I don"t know what the rating guys were thinking in Belgium..

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Will report back.
I'm scared as shit that it's censured.
I'm gonna see it on Friday, hyped already :3
I just really, really, really hope it's going to be great, I fucking love Deadpool.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Will report back.
I'm scared as shit that it's censured.
I'm gonna see it on Friday, hyped already :3
I just really, really, really hope it's going to be great, I fucking love Deadpool.
https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?topic=30454

Mave said:
So yeah, Deadpool was fucking amazing. Exceeded all my expectations.
Damn, now I can't wait. I was supposed to see it on Friday, but it has been moved to Sunday.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Damn, now I can't wait. I was supposed to see it on Friday, but it has been moved to Sunday.
You'll love it. I hope you won't have as many 12 year olds in your theater hall as I did though.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
You'll love it. I hope you won't have as many 12 year olds in your theater hall as I did though.
I still don't understand the minimum age of 12. Is it really that tame? Or did the people who make the rules just fuck up?

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
I still don't understand the minimum age of 12. Is it really that tame? Or did the people who make the rules just fuck up?
They fucked up bigtime.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
They fucked up bigtime.
Great :)

Rewatched The Usual Suspects yesterday with the gf. God I love that movie.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
They fucked up bigtime.
You were right. Oh god you were so right.
It was like a 2 hour glorious fuckfest of blood, vulgarity and hilariousness.
Good god film of the year 10/10

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
They fucked up bigtime.
You were right. Oh god you were so right.
It was like a 2 hour glorious fuckfest of blood, vulgarity and hilariousness.
Good god film of the year 10/10
Can't wait for the second one!

I also can't wait for Hail Caesar!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475290/
DRUfY3f.jpg

The fucking Coen brothers are the directors AND writers. (No Country For Old Men, True Grit, Big Lebowski,...)

Watched "Dirty Grandpa" yesterday with the gf and her two brothers. Gotta say it was pretty damn funny. (although the two songs were a bit cringeworthy)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860213/

n1c6G6X.jpg

Was going to see Batman vs Superman this Thursday, but might avoid crowded places for a while now...

Back
Top Bottom