Microsoft Donates Eight Meals For Each IE8 Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Microsoft has announced that for every completed download of Internet Explorer 8, they will donate the financial equivalent of eight meals to the Feeding America network.

themavesite-MicrosoftDonatesMealsForIE8Downloads.jpg

The campaign is called “Browser for the Better,” and runs from June 10 and August 8. Only IE8 downloads from the specific “Browser for the Better” website will count. Microsoft will be donating $1.15 (their reported financial equivalent of eight meals) per download, to a maximum of $1,000,000.

Feeding America is the leading domestic hunger-relief charity in the U.S and provides services for more than 25 million low-income individuals. They distribute 2 billion pounds of donated food per year.

The campaign kicked off on Wednesday in New York and San Francisco with artists on hand constructing the Empire State Building and Golden Gate Bridge with food cans.

Source : Neowin.net

I can see the future,
Next IE9 release the home page is Bing.

They're losing to 2 people,

Google - PWNS Bing.com (And Bing.net)

Firefox - WILL ALWAYS PWN IE, IE is vulnerable to Browser Hijackers and Active/X viruses, Firefox is resistant

Microsoft has got to face it, They're only good in OS'S, Not Browsers or Search engines..

Guys stay on topic, if you want to have a browser fight, head over to 'The browser war topic'

TommyB said:
But they seriously give meals? DESPERATE XD
Not really, their just really generous, why don't you go donate meals to the poor and hungry, oh wait that would mean donating to yourself :biggrin:

Kidding :T

TommyB said:
I know I'm poor. My dad refuses to find a fucking job. but whatever
Sucks, and if you haven't noticed, I had 'Kidding' in small font. How to you get your rent and other human needs paid? I'll donate some money to you if you like.

FeaR said:
TommyB said:
Sucks, and if you haven't noticed, I had 'Kidding' in small font. How to you get your rent and other human needs paid? I'll donate some money to you if you like.
:wow:fftopic:
LAWL, Your now rich xD

Here's the richest ppl here

1st: Mave - Owns TMS, Gets donations and works
2nd: Me - Owns FB, Designs websites and makes money
3rd: Killer7 - He donates obviously he has some
4TH: SpiderPork - Donates also

If ur rich ill add u here.

On topic:
Can food does suck, Bill gates is really generous to do this.

CreonSniper said:
FeaR said:
TommyB said:
:wow:fftopic:
LAWL, Your now rich xD

Here's the richest ppl here

1st: Mave - Owns TMS, Gets donations and works
2nd: Me - Owns FB, Designs websites and makes money
3rd: Killer7 - He donates obviously he has some
4TH: SpiderPork - Donates also

If ur rich ill add u here.
What the fuck? Are you completely retarted? Dude, do us a favor and close your PC.

I have like $600 on my paypal account and over $2000 next to me, it doesnt matter if you donate, that doesnt make you 'rich', Mave just has the time to make a forum like this, and update it DAILY, that does not mean he's rich, your site is plain crap, I don't see how you earn even a cent. Looking at your sig, really makes me wonder why people come to YOU to make web designs.

Please get a grip on yourself, your posts are completely retarded and makes me think why I'm on the internet with noobs like you. No offense.

Microsoft is a multi-billion dollar company, and their donating a maximum of 1 million? Also, how does $1 pay for 8 meals? If it does, tell me where I can buy it, I'll be set for life.

Edit:

Fear, for the first time in a long time, I 100% agree with you.

Zezombia said:
Microsoft is a multi-billion dollar company, and their donating a maximum of 1 million? Also, how does $1 pay for 8 meals? If it does, tell me where I can buy it, I'll be set for life.

Edit:

Fear, for the first time in a long time, I 100% agree with you.

I do too.

But they should spend like 100 million instead of that much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom