Mafia II

Andre

I thought I'd create ONE topic for our Mafia 2 discussion. I know much of you are getting the game in one method or another and it would be fun making a topic for the game.

It is released today in some parts of the world though the first download became available 2 days ago. However all (well perhaps not this one) is bugged (even SKIDROW's) and fucks up in some part of the game.

I myself played it until chapter 7 but then it started crashing when I entered Joe's car. What pisses me off is that I need to actually re-start the game from chapter 1 due to the crack being nuked. Anyways I recommend you guys not to get too serious with the game until a proper crack is released (link to a working one in the last paragraph... supposedly working).

However back to the game itself, it is fucking awesome. I love the physics, I love the details (though I'm not able to run the game with a good FPS on higher end settings) and the storyline as well. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but when Vito gets out of jail (and there's much fun to do in jail such as beat up some motherfuckers who want to fuck vito when he drops the soap) the world is entirely different. The game has a nice switch between winter and summer and has radio broadcasts according to the time (WWII news and all that sort of music). When the game advances to 1951, there are new weapons, new cars, new music, new map elements, etc.

It is really fun and I'll continue talking here or post pictures when I get my hands on the game and a working scene crack tomorrow.

I'd rather you not post the screenshots as images but as links to them because I don't want to see further on in the game until I buy it and play it myself, please...

GPow69 said:
I'd rather you not post the screenshots as images but as links to them because I don't want to see further on in the game until I buy it and play it myself, please...

Then just ignore this thread :tongue:

Probably going to get it to PS3. My PC won't run it good enough :/

I'm in chapter 11 at the moment. The game is just fucking awesome!

Finished the game, the ending was a little disappointing though. Even though there must be loose ends and sad stuff in the ending of a mafia game, this ending really wasn't the best. I don't want to spoil it for you though. I also expected the game to be longer.

Indeed, and also by IGN

KMLEq.jpg

Oh and

9UDeV.png

It is understandable why these reviews are so bad, because people have been waiting for this game for a long time (some for even 7-8 years) and now that it is released, the development time (obviously they didn't start coding it 8 years ago though) sounds long enough for the developers to have fixed everything and made the game ultimate! But it is a great game.

Back
Top Bottom