Internet reaches its limits, 18 months and then IPv6

You'd probably get an upgrade, but yes they will, cause you'll be able to access them at

::ffff:192.0.2.128 (local ip but you know what i mean)

ThePro said:
You'd probably get an upgrade, but yes they will, cause you'll be able to access them at

::ffff:192.0.2.128 (local ip but you know what i mean)

Will a typical IP like mine be like:

::bcai:64.32.194.98 ?

FrostBytez said:
If im not mistaken, won't servers have to upgrade too?

God damn, that's gonna cost me a fortune O_O

IPV6 wont be able to communicate with my IPV4 servers, making it compatible for both.. great!

[me=FrostBytez]pulls out his wallet[/me]
No. Nobody has to upgrade. Nothing will happen to existing IP addresses, servers or whatever.
If you need more IP addresses, though, you will probably have to get them as IPv6, and I'd advise you to get IPv6 even now, because the price of older IPv4 addresses will rise.
And as I quoted before, you can use IPv4 addresses as IPv6.
FrostBytez said:
Will a typical IP like mine be like:
::bcai:64.32.194.98 ?
If your IPv4 IP address is 64.32.194.98, then AFAIK the IPv6 version would be ::ffff:64.32.194.98.
Andre said:
But IPv7... WAT...
There is no such thing (yet), I think ThePro was just saying if IPv6 wasn't backwards compatible, they should make IPv7 which would be compatible.
That makes me wonder, what about IPv5? And the previous "IP versions" 1, 2 and 3. Were there such things?

The typical IPv6 address looks like 2001:db8:85a3:0:0:8a2e:370:7334, no similarities with IPv4.

IPv4 was made with the Internet itself basically so I don't think there was a IPv3 or anything lower than that. Also about IPv5 - it seems to be some sort of a protocol (once again from 1980s), but as we all know, it hasn't been in the mainstream internet.

Love this, my whole school "inside" uses ipv6 already, but we are connected with the world through awesome fiber system with like 60megabits still through ipv4.

An "awesome fiber system" would get you 10000 megabits per second capacity :troll:

Avalkiz said:
Love this, my whole school "inside" uses ipv6 already, but we are connected with the world through awesome fiber system with like 60megabits still through ipv4.

OH GREAT, and my school doesn't have internet and pentium 1's

IT'S SO GHEY I MEAN LOOK AT THE FUTURE COMPUTERS ARE THE FKING FUTURE

Back
Top Bottom