I'm running W7

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Today I finally did it :T

I came home from school, back-upped my files (took about 4 hours)
And in an hour I had installed W7 Ultimate OEM ! :pimp:

I even kept my bookmarks, history, saved passwords, autofill, themes, add-ons from firefox due to a wonderfull FF addon; 'FEBE'

W7 is so horn, just look at it :T

n39ftv.png

I'm setting up everything now, installing all the programs I need, setting some stuff back on my PC,...

PS: W7 users on TMS; If you have some W7 tips, share them here please :wink:

I only know a few things now, for example the shaking of a window results in minimizing all the other windows currently open.

Impulse said:
Here is a nice Powerpoint with features in windows7:

http://www.upffs.com/Impulse/Windows%207%20Tips%20and%20Tricks.pptx
I hope you have office2007 otherwise it won't open

Don't have Office yet D:

Andre said:
Doesn't look like you're running Aero. :mellow:

I need a link to the latest Nvidia driver

The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.

For some odd reason the automatic thing isn't working for me, but I just selected the version I have and I'm downloading the driver now :holmes:

Thanks for the link.

Windows 7 really is great! I had it, but with 2 partitions.
Then my whole windows 7 failed and it couldn't start up anymore.
Getting the real cd free from acer soon. In like 10 days. :celebrate:

The driver gives a weird error... It says it can't run because this isn't W7 32 bit, but it is...

I like W7, It's pretty cool.

But i just don't wanna upgrade since i have no valid license, and i don't like the new taskbar D:

Damn some things are messed up :dry:
I can't seem to install bittorent, or to upgrade my nvidia driver :huh:

I will post twice as much stuff tomorrow on TMS, but I can't really now (no FTP program, no image editing software,...)

That's also another reason i don't like upgrading to W7, I like preinstalled shit xD

I get this error...

15s0hmt.png

Sorry that it's dutch, I don't know the correct translation :/

This sucks pretty much...

Translation:
The Nvidia installation program can't find an OS that is compatible with your current hardware.
The instalation program will shut down.

I didn't have any errors. All the drivers are up to date since Windows downloads them for you. Or it did for me atleast. And it was perfect.
:elvis:

It doesn't depend either you have a laptop or a PC. It is the hardware that matters.

Andre said:
It doesn't depend either you have a laptop or a PC. It is the hardware that matters.

That's not true, Sony doesn't use the standard drivers for Nvidia, I need to find out which one to use on W7

Back
Top Bottom