Idea | Forum Thread Image Scraper

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
So Rafay showed off his reddit scraper a few days ago, which is pretty awesome.

Now today I came upon this idea:

A TMS forum thread scraper

For example the wallpapers thread.
Imagine a web page that grabs all the images on all the pages (the wallpapers) and displays them (in thumbnail mode) on one page, some sort of neat gallery.
This would be pretty awesome in my opinion.

Also I think once one of these is made, it's easy to do this for the gif thread, other wallpaper threads,.. basically every thread that has mostly images of one kind in it.

Also² perhaps there could be a checkbox at the top of the page, this checkbox decides of which threads the gallery should grab the images.
(for example the 5 different wallpaper categories we have on TMS)

Also³ (this one goes too far) maybe with some php magic (idk if this is even possible) imagine hovering over an image and a little text pops up with "posted by userx".

Now Rafay (or anyone else) if this could be made, I'd fucking love it :biggrin:

Will investigate this - it's easily possible. The hardest part will be selecting # pages from forum and picking out the wallpapers from the other images.

Rambling to self (ideas):

Just need to get forum HTML, use jQuery/Javascript/PHP to pick out each image URL (excluding favicon, emoticons, icons etc.), use a foreach (if in array) to create a table with thumbnails (using original resolution image, scaled down to 256x256 for example in HTML)

Thanks Tosh, Rafay has been so awesome to already start on this project though ::3:

Back
Top Bottom