I need a router, any suggestions?

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Honestly, I don't even use my router. I have cable plugged straight into my modem.
The router I have though, is just a basic D-Link router I bought a couple of years ago. Since it's only really used for my mobile phone or an occasional laptop that's powered on for some reason, it's not that powerful.

Still, I've always heard good things about the Nighthawk. And seeing as it's the cheaper of the two...

Honestly, I don't even use my router. I have cable plugged straight into my modem.
The router I have though, is just a basic D-Link router I bought a couple of years ago. Since it's only really used for my mobile phone or an occasional laptop that's powered on for some reason, it's not that powerful.

Still, I've always heard good things about the Nighthawk. And seeing as it's the cheaper of the two...
Gf is on her laptop / phone a lot so there's definitely need for good wifi.
Googled around a bit more today and the Nighthawk does seem the better option, gonna keep tabs on the price the following weeks.

Which provider are you (going to be) with? The WiFi in the Telenet routers is pretty decent as well.

Which provider are you (going to be) with? The WiFi in the Telenet routers is pretty decent as well.
Just found out today there will be cables in every apartment for both Telenet and Belgacom. Since I live in Antwerp, it seems like Telenet is the smartest option speed-wise. So almost certainly going with them. You own a router by them?

Yeah, if you get Telenet, you get a router with built-in wifi. It's decent wifi, but if you're worries about awesome speeds, it's not worth much. I was able to game on it with my PS4, and it worked pretty well.

Yeah, if you get Telenet, you get a router with built-in wifi. It's decent wifi, but if you're worries about awesome speeds, it's not worth much. I was able to game on it with my PS4, and it worked pretty well.
Cheers, I'll hold off on buying a router then.

In Australia, we get modems with built in wifi, haven't needed a router in years, just plug the nbn cable in and away you go

In Australia, we get modems with built in wifi, haven't needed a router in years, just plug the nbn cable in and away you go
Yeah that's what I'm gonna do for now. I also have an ethernet cable from the modem room to my desk and to the living room, so most devices won't even need wifi.

They have internet in Australia?

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do for now. I also have an ethernet cable from the modem room to my desk and to the living room, so most devices won't even need wifi.
That's what I'd do. You can always buy a secondary router afterwards, if you find that the built-in wifi isn't good enough.

No we don't have internet in Australia Stybar, what we actually have is a series of passages through underground caves and another series of enslaved aboriginals that pass along information and 1's & 0's through said passages, which then link into a database (master enslaved aboriginee) that then shoots a massive beam across the night sky toward any technology giving us facebook, youtube and any other website we require, thanks to the indigenous in Australia, I can access TMS.

No we don't have internet in Australia Stybar, what we actually have is a series of passages through underground caves and another series of enslaved aboriginals that pass along information and 1's & 0's through said passages, which then link into a database (master enslaved aboriginee) that then shoots a massive beam across the night sky toward any technology giving us facebook, youtube and any other website we require, thanks to the indigenous in Australia, I can access TMS.
That's amazing.

So instead of a series of tubes, your internet is a series of tunnels?

Back
Top Bottom