Hotelicopter, a Flying Hotel

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
hotelicopter.jpg

This monster is a concept for a flying luxury hotel equipped with 18 rooms. As you can see from the windows on the side, it is 4 story high. This is a distant cousin on the Russian Mil V-12, today's biggest helicopter. The concept is interesting, but we're having a hard time to believe that this thing is flying and that is really comfortable to travel in. Do you? That said, Hotelicopter (the company) has announced that the first flight will happen on June 26th 2009. Let’s wait and see...

:wacko:
Are you sure this thing is real? The video looks like it's in a game.

EDIT: Look what I found:

Millions of people fell for an elaborate April Fool's Day hoax featuring video footage of the world's first flying hotel in a converted helicopter.

The viral email clip appears to show a Russian-made Mil V-12 being used as the first-ever flying five star 'Hotelicopter'.

It was said to have 18 luxurious rooms "for adrenalin junkies seeking a truly unique and memorable travel experience".

The clip became an overnight internet sensation but it later emerged the video, on www.hotelicopter.comhttp://http://, was part of a viral marketing campaign by Yotel.

Most of Britain's papers ran April 1 features. The Daily Mail had a photograph making it appear as if Home Secretary Jacqui Smith was walking out of a branch of sex shop Ann Summers.

The Guardian reported that it was to become the first newspaper in the world to abandon print and be published exclusively on Twitter.

The Daily Express claimed a British inventor had created an invisible car to allow motorists to beat speed cameras.

The Sun joked that England fans would have to stand through the world's longest national anthem - at six and a half minutes - before the World Cup qualifier against Ukraine.

The Times featured a photograph of apparently tartan sheep, while the Daily Mirror claimed to have the first ever interview with the Deal or No Deal banker.

And the Daily Telegraph claimed that harnessing the power of fish swimming through a river could hold the key to meeting Britain's future electricity needs.

Not me!

Well, I kinda didnt see this topic until today, but I still knew right away :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom