Happy birthday SFSFv2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre

Just reminding you that last night a year ago (June 14th 2009) SFSFv2 started. It achieved more mainstream publicity in August and the server was game-ranked second for a while on Game-Monitor. The server at first used DeLUX hosting, who kindly leaked our script to our enemies, then we moved on to ServerFFS and were there until the beginning of January 2010. The server then went down. We returned in March 2010 on Guest's shitty VPS-hole and the host was kindly hacked by FeaR, the database was stolen. Thanks to some fucktard not getting his server right.

That's about the story now, it was nice while it lasted. I forgot about it last night so here it is today.

Happy birthday, SFSFv2 ;_;

Too bad you ain't running it anymore. Eh, good old days :3

Happy birthday :) I still have those short clips what I made back then :biggrin:

:( My cousin showed me SA:MP, and I went playing with him. My first SA:MP server EVER was SA-FEv2. It was the perfect beginning, I can't imagine a better one. I stayed at SA-FEv2, until it got shut down. ~ A year later I joined SFSFv2, and got active on the board. I stayed there, more then 200 hours of my SA:MP gaming were on that server. That's my story.

Mave said:
Yeah good old days, I can't deny I miss them.

They would still be around if FeaR Hadn't been fucking around all the time.

Panki said:
My first SA:MP server EVER was SA-FEv2. It was the perfect beginning, I can't imagine a better one. I stayed at SA-FEv2, until it got shut down. ~ A year later I joined SFSFv2, and got active on the board. I stayed there, more then 200 hours of my SA:MP gaming were on that server. That's my story.

I have the same story, but I joined SFSFv2 Right away. Then I remember chatting with Mave on MSN while I was in Geography class on my iPod... He was sad that SA-FE was done. I suggested he bring back SFSF, and then he got that one guy (Can't remember his name) To script for a bit, Then he wasn't doing a phenominal job, so Andre came in and it started from scratch again to become probably the best server with the most fun members and community around.

Then FeaR was, is, and always will be, an Asshat.

Yeah that's true, then suddenly Andre offered to script, and the choice was made pretty quick.

That whole first post seemed kinda rude, however wasn't a bad server while it lasted, had a _____ admin, but apart from that, the community was nice.

Which first post? And infact, if it is my server, I make the rules and decide what is corrupt towards my regulations and whatnot, so no - my own actions can't be corrupt towards my own rules which I can as well make on the run. So I don't see a problem, we seemed to do just fine with owning all the fucktards in a semi-retarded way with our cool team. Your point being?

This is EXACTLY why the server died.

Drama drama drama.

Why does everyone have to start arguments? Why can't we just have fun?

Andre, I'd say just to Ignore him.

I didn't take it into my giving-a-crap list. What I wanted to say was that if a server is mine, I can do whatever I want and ban whoever I want, start arguments with whoever I want or so. Even though it may be sort of inadequate.

I agree Andre but he fails at that point,

Dont call his server shitty. He just wanted to host SFSFv2 and make it alive. I'm not telling this b cuz of either he hosts my server or he's my friend. Keeping it secure is both of your mission. Not only Guest's or not only your.

Perkins said:

Dont call his server shitty. He just wanted to host SFSFv2 and make it alive. I'm not telling this b cuz of either he hosts my server or he's my friend. Keeping it secure is both of your mission. Not only Guest's or not only your.
Wat

Maffia171 said:
Perkins said:

Wat

Indeed... And thanks for the bump Perkins... It was guest's responsibility to set a strong enough password...

a) Why don't you go to start a server and bring SFSFv2 back?
b) I didn't understand a word in your first post.
c) Drama.
d) Nice bump.

Perkins said:
Actually his server still is shitty. And we know you're saying it isn't because he hosts your shitty script for free and he's your friend. But I've got news for you - it doesn't take more than a minute to run a XAMPP server exploit on that VPS and instantly get root access to the VPS. As long as it comes to the VPS root level it has to be Guest who makes it secure, not me (or in this case - you) because I didn't have access to the root.

Also the server costs not more than €50 for a whole year so if your maths is good enough you should do the calculation yourself and decide upon the monthly pricing of the sloppy-ass server.

About a strong password, the password in fact was strong enough but that's not how the server was hacked. The hacker didn't need to know the password, he just needed to abuse open FTP ports and FTP not being set up correctly by Guest.

The whole point of this is that a 13-year-old can't secure a server properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom