GTA SA not working on W7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
I tried putting the aero off, but it still wouldn't run :/
(I also tried running as admin, disabling visual themes on the properties, but nothing worked..)

Help me D:

Themes shouldn't be a problem with running something. Unless you have a REALLY shitty graphics card. I can run SA just fine on mine :S.

How is it not running? Does it give you an error? or just not start up?

It just doesn't start up... :[

BTW; I didn't install, but just copied over the folder (which worked great on vista, dunno about 7)

I had the same problem once:
I copied my GTA SA folder for my friend and burned it on a CD. But GTA SA didn't work for him because some files were missing. The missing files weren't copied because they were in the virtual folder of windows.
But with a clean install with the original GTA SA CD it worked for him.

(btw sry for being inactive. My laptop is broken and I will get a new PC in the next days).

Remis said:
I had the same problem once:
I copied my GTA SA folder for my friend and burned it on a CD. But GTA SA didn't work for him because some files were missing. The missing files weren't copied because they were in the virtual folder of windows.
But with a clean install with the original GTA SA CD it worked for him.

Thans Remis, my CD is scratched, so I'll have to DL it...
I'll reply once I know it worked or not.

(btw sry for being inactive. My laptop is broken and I will get a new PC in the next days).

NP Remis, get a good PC :thumbsup:

I just wasted 4 gigabyte of my bandwith...
I installed SA and it still does NOTHING when I click the icon.

Other games like Need For Speed Undercover & Burnout Paradise do work.

I can't play SA-MP/Map now, haven't been able yet to enjoy 0.3 :/

Mave, try running GTA SA with admin rights and in compatibility mode with Windows 98
(did the trick for me with some other games)

Sorry that my advice was wrong. There are just too many possibilities for a not working GTA SA.

So, Mave obviously got it working since he was in when I was driving some stairs around, Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom