Google has slowed down YouTube on Firefox and Edge according to Mozilla exec

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Google has slowed down YouTube on Firefox and Edge according to Mozilla exec

uDRG9Bt.png

Mozilla technical programme manager Chris Peterson stated that Google has deliberately slowed down the performance of YouTube on Mozilla’s Firefox and Microsoft’s Edge web browsers, CNET reported.

“YouTube page load is 5-times slower in Firefox and Edge than in Chrome, because YouTube’s Polymer redesign relies on the deprecated Shadow DOM v0 API only implemented in Chrome,” Peterson said.

“YouTube serves a Shadow DOM polyfill to Firefox and Edge that is, unsurprisingly, slower than Chrome’s native implementation.”

Source and more: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/soft...youtube-on-firefox-and-edge-mozilla-exec.html

Now that's just silly. I heard that with some YouTube Classic add-on you might be able to fix this problem.

Yeah, for Firefox, the plugin would revert the new Polymer changes, which should speed it up again. Still a massive dick move on Google's part though.

Yeah, for Firefox, the plugin would revert the new Polymer changes, which should speed it up again. Still a massive dick move on Google's part though.
Google is far from the nice guy they used to be.

Their Google Maps API has been free since... forever (with unlimited requests). This resulted in them getting the monopoly. Now around one month ago they started charging you for map requests through their API, you even need to link a credit card if you don't go over the small free amount.

Shit really? Damn.
I read somewhere they're going down the same path Microsoft did a couple of years back, and since they have a full monopoly position...
The fines the EU keep piling on don't seem to help either.

Shit really? Damn.
I read somewhere they're going down the same path Microsoft did a couple of years back, and since they have a full monopoly position...
The fines the EU keep piling on don't seem to help either.
The rones really are reversed. Microsoft looks like a saint now in comparison.

It's a sad world where Microsoft is the paragon of noble software development.

Back
Top Bottom