Google announce Pixel 2 with USB-C and no headphone jack

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Google announce Pixel 2 with USB-C and no headphone jack

H9lQEyL.png

The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL both use Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processors with 4GB RAM. (You can also choose between 64GB and 128GB options.) They have the same camera, processor, and speaker specs. They have 12.2-megapixel rear cameras that have an autofocus with laser and dual-pixel phase detection, and optical and electronic image stabilization. In the front, the Pixels have a fixed-focus 8-megapixel camera. Both phones use USB-C, but don’t offer wireless charging. There is no headphone jack and it runs on Bluetooth 5.0.

The Pixel 2 XL has a bigger battery and a 6-inch screen with a 2880 x 1440 smart OLED resolution; the Pixel 2 has a 5-inch screen and 1920 x 1080 OLED resolution. This year’s XL is slightly bigger than last year’s 5.5-inch screen. The Pixel 2 is also slightly lighter and slimmer than the XL. The Pixel 2 comes in “kind of blue,” “just black,” and “clearly white,” according to Google product chief Mario Queiroz.

Both phones can be preordered today; they become available on October 19th. The Pixel 2 64GB will cost $649, while the Pixel 2 XL 64GB costs $849. The 128GB option costs $749 and 949, respectively.

Source and more: https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/4/16403272/google-event-2017-news-recap-pixel-2-clips-home-pixelbook

I'm honestly disappointed again at what Google brings to the table..

Google, what the fuck are you doing!? Do you have any idea how much shit I gave Apple for not having a headphone jack, and now you pull this? How am I supposed to feel superior now?

Actually even Google themselves made fun of Apple for not including a headphone jack when Apple announced it...

Mave said:
Actually even Google themselves made fun of Apple for not including a headphone jack when Apple announced it...
Which is what pisses me off. Fucking hypocrites.

Back
Top Bottom