General music discussion thread

Mave

TMS Founder
Staff member
Just discovered the 'black' metal band "Body Count". I had never heard them before, sadly I found out that 3/6th of the group has already passed away...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Count_(band)
Three out of the band's original six members are deceased: D-Roc died from lymphoma, Beatmaster V from leukemia and Mooseman in a drive-by shooting.
They have a pretty unique sound since the vocalist is black, and to my knowledge it's the only black metal singer.

The result is pretty good, also since they are black then can scream the N word, which first had me thinking this was a really racist metal band :laugh:

Mave

TMS Founder
Staff member
I'm starting to realize that I'm one of the only people in my group of friends who still prefers downloading music and "owning" the mp3's myself instead of the Spotify model.
Datahoarder forever.

Mave said:
I'm starting to realize that I'm one of the only people in my group of friends who still prefers downloading music and "owning" the mp3's myself instead of the Spotify model.
Datahoarder forever.
It's less illegal, I guess. But I like having offline copies of my music.

Mave

TMS Founder
Staff member
Totally forgot Interpol existed until I heard them on the radio earlier this week.
Used to love Evil.

Checking out more of them, already like The Rover, Rest My Chemistry, The Heinrich Maneuver.

Mave

TMS Founder
Staff member
I've started building a collection of the best concerts available in blu-ray (both audio and video wise)
If anyone is interested I'll post the list here.