General Gaming Discussion Thread

So it's basically Second Life but bigger? I'm afraid it doesn't really interest me.

I just finished Far Cry New Dawn. I like the Far Cry series. FC3 is one of my favorite games, and FC5 is up there as well.
New Dawn, though... Gameplay wise and environment wise, it's great. It's more of the same from FC5, with a few extra twists and changes thrown in, but it's still pretty great.
Story wise... It's short. Let's keep it at that. Finished it in 23 hours, and I did everything. Every outpost, every location, every sidequest, everything. It felt more like a really big DLC, which I'm guessing it started as.

The ending fucking baffled me.
The whole game long, you are taunted and bullied by the two antagonists. They capture you, they capture your friends, they kill some important people, they use kids as hostages, the works. Then finally you get to unleash and tear into them, and then you get a heartfelt cutscene where they are sobbing and sad because they're dying. Including a whole teary, "you don't get to die before me, sis!" speech by the oldest twin. And then they die.
It was a great scene, that would have more impact if it WAS ANYONE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME.

I just finished Far Cry New Dawn. I like the Far Cry series. FC3 is one of my favorite games, and FC5 is up there as well.
New Dawn, though... Gameplay wise and environment wise, it's great. It's more of the same from FC5, with a few extra twists and changes thrown in, but it's still pretty great.
Story wise... It's short. Let's keep it at that. Finished it in 23 hours, and I did everything. Every outpost, every location, every sidequest, everything. It felt more like a really big DLC, which I'm guessing it started as.

The ending fucking baffled me.
The whole game long, you are taunted and bullied by the two antagonists. They capture you, they capture your friends, they kill some important people, they use kids as hostages, the works. Then finally you get to unleash and tear into them, and then you get a heartfelt cutscene where they are sobbing and sad because they're dying. Including a whole teary, "you don't get to die before me, sis!" speech by the oldest twin. And then they die.
It was a great scene, that would have more impact if it WAS ANYONE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME.
Not reading the spoiler as I might still play this someday. And yeah 23 hours is not much... I would spend max. €10 for that amount of gametime.

I wouldn't recommend playing it unless you really, really liked FC5, and are desperate for more. And even then it's not completely the same, even though it has a lot of returning characters.

I wouldn't recommend playing it unless you really, really liked FC5, and are desperate for more. And even then it's not completely the same, even though it has a lot of returning characters.
Thanks for the info, looks like I’ll be waiting for the next FC game.

This just happened:

wqx4f8y.jpg

I'm gonna lend a friend's PS4 in August and play this game, it's been taunting me for too long.

This might be the first game that I will play on mobile again in a really long time.

Releasing end of September.

Qmn6WG6.jpg

Dunkey is biased as fuck in this video:

He forgets to mention gamepass, backwards compability, play anywhere,...
He also lists THPS3 as an example of how great the PS2 library was, but this was a multiplatform game...
I don’t hate the PS4 at all, but I think it’s stupid to fuel the almost dead console wars.

Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem.

CEO's seem to forget this. They saw the success Steam and Netflix had, and immediately went "I want a piece of that pie, too".

Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem.

CEO's seem to forget this. They saw the success Steam and Netflix had, and immediately went "I want a piece of that pie, too".
Exactly, they keep ruining it for themselves.

So, the new Destiny 2 DLC is dropping tomorrow, and they implemented a system to share your characters between characters, so of course I switched over to PC.
The game is now available on Steam. If anyone is interested in joining me, the default game (without the new DLC) is free to play - but to play the game to the fullest extent, the new DLC is kinda needed.

So, the new Destiny 2 DLC is dropping tomorrow, and they implemented a system to share your characters between characters, so of course I switched over to PC.
The game is now available on Steam. If anyone is interested in joining me, the default game (without the new DLC) is free to play - but to play the game to the fullest extent, the new DLC is kinda needed.
Sadly not my type of game. Good of them to implement cross-platform syncing though. Meanwhile Sony fucks PC and Xbox with the new COD.

Funnily enough, the same thing was partly true for Destiny... There was some content only available to PS4 users.
Interestingly, Bungie bought themselves (and the Destiny franchise) away from Activision, and suddenly the cross platform sync is possible, the exclusive content is now available on all platforms,...

Seems like it's not only Sony, although they do have a hand in this. IIRC, Microsoft had said that they were willing to do crossplay, but Sony refused.

Funnily enough, the same thing was partly true for Destiny... There was some content only available to PS4 users.
Interestingly, Bungie bought themselves (and the Destiny franchise) away from Activision, and suddenly the cross platform sync is possible, the exclusive content is now available on all platforms,...

Seems like it's not only Sony, although they do have a hand in this. IIRC, Microsoft had said that they were willing to do crossplay, but Sony refused.
Fuck exclusives in it entirety. Sony also forced different blu-ray "regions" like DVD has AFAIK. (we can't play US or Asian blu-rays for example)

Back
Top Bottom