General Gaming Discussion Thread

Seems like you're really hooked on the series! Which game did you like more?
Honestly speaking, I liked Yakuza 0 better, in Kiwami getting money was a huge grind. Besides that, both games are great and I can't recommend them enough.

Honestly speaking, I liked Yakuza 0 better, in Kiwami getting money was a huge grind. Besides that, both games are great and I can't recommend them enough.
Also the fact that while Yakuza 0 is a completely new game, Yakuza Kiwami is just a remake of the original game, so contentwise there's a huge difference.

Looks like Chinese Fortnite limits you after 3 hours:

E4Jhcis.jpg

Imagine being in the middle of a (charity) stream and this stuff happens.

I like that they added the "studies/learning time" to it.

"NO PLAY GAMES, BETTER SELF FOR GLORIOUS COUNTRY"

I like that they added the "studies/learning time" to it.

"NO PLAY GAMES, BETTER SELF FOR GLORIOUS COUNTRY"
Confirming once again the Asian parents stereotype. (I'm pretty sure the Chinese politician that ordered this is a father)

Sekiro has been so much fun and frustrating, I love it! This is without a doubt one of the hardest if we have to compare it to Souls series or Bloodborne. Can't wait to actually get it on Steam hopefully next month. :biggrin: I legit feel a bit bad for playing pirated version right now.

Quick suggestion: maybe have this thread shown here, before other games perhaps?

Sekiro has been so much fun and frustrating, I love it! This is without a doubt one of the hardest if we have to compare it to Souls series or Bloodborne. Can't wait to actually get it on Steam hopefully next month. :biggrin: I legit feel a bit bad for playing pirated version right now.

Quick suggestion: maybe have this thread shown here, before other games perhaps?

View attachment 49
You mean something like this? (quick simulation)

XCY6LBa.png

I was also planning on creating another board for game discussion threads only (like the dedicatd series discussion board for TV series: https://forums.themavesite.com/forums/individual-series-discussion.149/) that way the game discussion is not mixed up with memes/random game images.

I can have one of these for free, not sure which one to pick though:
  • ANNO 1800 (no idea what this is, looks like Age of Empires but nicer?)
  • Far Cry New Dawn (don't really like the way this game feels based on gameplay videos)
  • The Division 2 (not really a shooter)
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey (already finished the pirated version)

ANNO 1800 is indeed a form of Age of Empires. RTS, basically.
FC:New Dawn is the sequel to Far Cry 5. If you liked any of the Far Cry games, go for this one.
TD2 is more than just a shooter, but it is a pretty big mechanic. Very MMO based, though. Let me know if you pick this one, I might get it as well.
AC:O, well, you already played this. Might be some updates that weren't in the pirated version, maybe?

ANNO 1800 is indeed a form of Age of Empires. RTS, basically.
FC:New Dawn is the sequel to Far Cry 5. If you liked any of the Far Cry games, go for this one.
TD2 is more than just a shooter, but it is a pretty big mechanic. Very MMO based, though. Let me know if you pick this one, I might get it as well.
AC:O, well, you already played this. Might be some updates that weren't in the pirated version, maybe?
Think I'm gonna go with Anno 1800. Not sure why, but it intrigues me.

Let's talk The Crew (1 and 2) anyone every played these?
I realized I've got The Crew 1 and never actually played it. Saw this gif today and it spiked an interest. Installing the game right now.

Yeah, I played them both. They were considered the main rivals for the Forza Horizon games, IIRC.
The Crew 1 is more a story based game, though. You have a protagonist, an antagonist, a plotline, missions you have to do,... Still, it's a huge open world. The map is fucking massive compared to FH3 or FH4.
The Crew 2 is more along the lines of "open world racing". There is a "plot", but it's faint, and only exists to give you a reason to finish the races to unlock the "final battle", which is a head-to-head race against the reigning champion.

IMO, it's not better or worse than Horizon. They both have their strong points. The map in The Crew is a lot more interesting, but some might say it's too big. Driving from one side to the other takes so long it becomes a chore, rather than gameplay. Luckily you can fast travel to places you've visited before.
The different class system is also an interesting mechanic. Basically, every car has different "setups". Road racing, Circuit Racing, Dirt racing, Extreme Offroad racing, Drift, Drag,... In TC1, you have to unlock those settings per car, and then switch between them at will. In TC2 they changed it so you have to own multiple versions, each with a fixed setup.

One thing The Crew 2 especially shines in is the multitude of disciplines. Besides the regular racing (street, circuit, dirt, offroad, and even F1) you also have planes, and boats. There are enough events to do with those vehicles to not make them feel like they are just tacked on.

Yeah, I played them both. They were considered the main rivals for the Forza Horizon games, IIRC.
The Crew 1 is more a story based game, though. You have a protagonist, an antagonist, a plotline, missions you have to do,... Still, it's a huge open world. The map is fucking massive compared to FH3 or FH4.
The Crew 2 is more along the lines of "open world racing". There is a "plot", but it's faint, and only exists to give you a reason to finish the races to unlock the "final battle", which is a head-to-head race against the reigning champion.

IMO, it's not better or worse than Horizon. They both have their strong points. The map in The Crew is a lot more interesting, but some might say it's too big. Driving from one side to the other takes so long it becomes a chore, rather than gameplay. Luckily you can fast travel to places you've visited before.
The different class system is also an interesting mechanic. Basically, every car has different "setups". Road racing, Circuit Racing, Dirt racing, Extreme Offroad racing, Drift, Drag,... In TC1, you have to unlock those settings per car, and then switch between them at will. In TC2 they changed it so you have to own multiple versions, each with a fixed setup.

One thing The Crew 2 especially shines in is the multitude of disciplines. Besides the regular racing (street, circuit, dirt, offroad, and even F1) you also have planes, and boats. There are enough events to do with those vehicles to not make them feel like they are just tacked on.
Thanks for the roundup! I'm hoping the cars handle as good as FH, will try TC1 tonight.

Gave in and bought The Crew 2 yesterday. I just love open world racing games too much.

Gave in and bought The Crew 2 yesterday. I just love open world racing games too much.
Let me know if you need help! I might have to reinstall it, but I can help with some of the things you need to do with 2 people.

Back
Top Bottom