General Gaming Discussion Thread

I'm sorry, does that actually say 109 GB? That's fucking insane.

What the actual fuck.
Is that a new record for "largest game ever"?

Pretty damn accurate.

11N2fOD.jpg

Imagine the outrage if EA or another publisher did blatant product placement like Kojima:

sDnGhM4.jpg

Imagine the outrage if EA or another publisher did blatant product placement like Kojima:
You mean like they did in NFS 2015? Where Ken Block in full Monster regalia showed up? Or where every drink that was visible in the cutscenes was either coffee or Monster?

I mean, the outrage that I saw was pretty minimum, although people mocked it fairly hard.

You mean like they did in NFS 2015? Where Ken Block in full Monster regalia showed up? Or where every drink that was visible in the cutscenes was either coffee or Monster?

I mean, the outrage that I saw was pretty minimum, although people mocked it fairly hard.
Except that drinking these in-game gives you an actual advantage :biggrin: That's a whole other level.

Google Stadio seems insanely bad.. Just look at that input lag. (0:27 seconds)

Google Stadio seems insanely bad.. Just look at that input lag. (0:27 seconds)
Called it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dancing with joy at being right, but... I don't see this ever going to work. Maybe in the future, when connections are instantaneous, but until then, I don't see a happy ending for GaaS.

Called it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dancing with joy at being right, but... I don't see this ever going to work. Maybe in the future, when connections are instantaneous, but until then, I don't see a happy ending for GaaS.
I bet a lot of people are actually relieved in the sense that their hardware worth thousands of euros can't be suddenly matched performance and graphically wise by G Stadia.
Just imagine if you could play any game.. in ultra.. without delays through Google Stadia. That would be cool but like you said, won't be anytime soon.

I bet a lot of people are actually relieved in the sense that their hardware worth thousands of euros can't be suddenly matched performance and graphically wise by G Stadia.
Just imagine if you could play any game.. in ultra.. without delays through Google Stadia. That would be cool but like you said, won't be anytime soon.
Well, it's not as if Stadia makes all systems obsolete. Games will still work on your PC, of course. I just couldn't see this happen, unfortunately.

Also, "gender neutral controller"? What the fuck does that even mean?

Took amazing screenshots the past few days in Red Dead Redemption II, only to realize just now that Nvidia Shadowplay never saved any of them. Pretty damn frustrating.

So, I got Battlefield V for free a while a go, and decided to play it.
Managed to burn through the campaign in about 10 hours.
It's kinda awkward, the entire introduction is all "war is terrible, many lives are lost, we only do bad stuff, etc, etc", then the cutscene ends, the game clears its throat, and goes "Well, there are some Nazi's, now go and kill them."

The tonal shift is very jarring. It's not until the final chapter (which deals with a German Panzer commander during the Fall of Berlin), that the "war is bad" narrative returns. And even then, it's still set on the backdrop of "shoot enemies".

I didn't even touch the multiplayer. Fuck that.

I've played BFV multiplayer a fair bit and I found it enjoyable. Sadly my fps kept dropping even though I played it with lowest settings.
As for me I have never played any Battlefield singleplayer. :biggrin:

So, I got Battlefield V for free a while a go, and decided to play it.
Managed to burn through the campaign in about 10 hours.
It's kinda awkward, the entire introduction is all "war is terrible, many lives are lost, we only do bad stuff, etc, etc", then the cutscene ends, the game clears its throat, and goes "Well, there are some Nazi's, now go and kill them."

The tonal shift is very jarring. It's not until the final chapter (which deals with a German Panzer commander during the Fall of Berlin), that the "war is bad" narrative returns. And even then, it's still set on the backdrop of "shoot enemies".

I didn't even touch the multiplayer. Fuck that.
I've played BFV multiplayer a fair bit and I found it enjoyable. Sadly my fps kept dropping even though I played it with lowest settings.
As for me I have never played any Battlefield singleplayer. :biggrin:
I think most people who play Battlefield don't even play the singleplayer.
I myself don't even touch the game at all :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom