General Gaming Discussion Thread

Stybar

durrrr
I just finished Far Cry New Dawn. I like the Far Cry series. FC3 is one of my favorite games, and FC5 is up there as well.
New Dawn, though... Gameplay wise and environment wise, it's great. It's more of the same from FC5, with a few extra twists and changes thrown in, but it's still pretty great.
Story wise... It's short. Let's keep it at that. Finished it in 23 hours, and I did everything. Every outpost, every location, every sidequest, everything. It felt more like a really big DLC, which I'm guessing it started as.

The ending fucking baffled me.
The whole game long, you are taunted and bullied by the two antagonists. They capture you, they capture your friends, they kill some important people, they use kids as hostages, the works. Then finally you get to unleash and tear into them, and then you get a heartfelt cutscene where they are sobbing and sad because they're dying. Including a whole teary, "you don't get to die before me, sis!" speech by the oldest twin. And then they die.
It was a great scene, that would have more impact if it WAS ANYONE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
I just finished Far Cry New Dawn. I like the Far Cry series. FC3 is one of my favorite games, and FC5 is up there as well.
New Dawn, though... Gameplay wise and environment wise, it's great. It's more of the same from FC5, with a few extra twists and changes thrown in, but it's still pretty great.
Story wise... It's short. Let's keep it at that. Finished it in 23 hours, and I did everything. Every outpost, every location, every sidequest, everything. It felt more like a really big DLC, which I'm guessing it started as.

The ending fucking baffled me.
The whole game long, you are taunted and bullied by the two antagonists. They capture you, they capture your friends, they kill some important people, they use kids as hostages, the works. Then finally you get to unleash and tear into them, and then you get a heartfelt cutscene where they are sobbing and sad because they're dying. Including a whole teary, "you don't get to die before me, sis!" speech by the oldest twin. And then they die.
It was a great scene, that would have more impact if it WAS ANYONE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME.
Not reading the spoiler as I might still play this someday. And yeah 23 hours is not much... I would spend max. €10 for that amount of gametime.