General chit-chat

RIP Niki Lauda, a true racing legend has passed.

fwYD6sW.jpg

Niki Lauda was a racing driver, three times Formula 1 champion (75, 77 and 84, the last by half a point over his teammate), legendary shit stirrer, airplane pilot, airline owner (couple of times), overall great guy, and survivor of one of the most terrible non-fatal accidents in Formula 1 history.

Nicknamed The Rat, because of his teeth, Lauda was a fierce fighter on and off the track and made his mark in Formula 1 by being fast, ruthless, and technically flawless in his driving.

After his infamous crash at the Nürburgring (Warning: Graphic) in August 1st, 1976, he was given the last rites at the hospital and, as the story goes, told the priest to F off, because he wasn't dead. He was severely burned, his lungs seared from the toxic fumes from his car. If it were not for the corageous actions of Guy Edwards, Harald Ertl, Brett Lunger, and Arturo Merzario, who all stopped their cars and dove into the flames to rescue their fellow driver, it is likely that Lauda would not have survived. And he would not only survive his horrific injuries, but get back in the car on September 12th, to the astonishment of all, fighting Hunt for the title until the last race, where Hunt managed to beat him by a single point.

He then run his own airline twice (Lauda Air), serving as pilot for several flights, managed several Formula 1 teams (including helping manage Ferrari), and wrote a few books

Lately he was advisor to the all conquering Mercedes Formula 1 team (who have won both the Driver's and the Constructor's championships every year since 2014) and a beloved figure in the Formula 1 world.

Niki was portrayed, along with James Hunt, in the 2013 movie Rush, played by Daniel Brühl (Chris Hemsworth played Hunt, his nemesis in the 1976 Formula 1 season). He was also the theme of "Niki Lauda", by Los Petersellers, a fantastically crazy song.

Hearing Ethan go completely off the rails against the GoT finale is strangely hilarious. Spoilers, of course.

The entire episode is interesting. They do a whole hour on the James Charles drama, and a bit on the TFUE/FaZe drama.

The entire episode is interesting. They do a whole hour on the James Charles drama, and a bit on the TFUE/FaZe drama.
Only watched the first 25 mins. Need to do some repetitive work tomorrow, will leave this on in the background.

Only watched the first 25 mins. Need to do some repetitive work tomorrow, will leave this on in the background.
Just finished watching the video. Ethan pretty much nails it. Fuck DB Weiss and David Benioff.

I read a theory that the writing method of GRRM and D&D is vastly different.
GRRM creates his characters, and then throws events at them, and sees how they react.
D&D write their plot, and then make the characters follow that plot.

Both methods have their merits, but if it shifts from one style to another, it's painful and awkward. Suddenly, characters that were growing organically have to follow the scripts, so to speak, which leads to weird choices and odd plottwists.

Running out of wallpapers to post :biggrin:
1920x1080 and 3840x2160 are complete, I now run a daily wget through cygwin to get the latest, filter those (delete the crap), and once I get 15 I update the topic.
I can still post some more duals, will focus on that for now (3840x1080)
After that I'm gonna go either mobile or back to 2560x1440/1600

Crap, restarted firefox (by force quitting, it's necessary when you have +100 tabs like me open) and normally FF always 100% restores all my tabs, except for this time. I leave tabs open for a reason, dangit.

ctrl+shift+T didn't work? It opens the most recent tabs, even after closing, doesn't it?

Man this case is cool.

zyaeTo2.jpg

I could probably never put the effort in to make it look this awesome though.

Looks like a bitch to keep clean, though... Also, I'm not too sure about keeping all those electronics out in the open like that.

You guys ever configure your dream car? I love doing that every now and then.

yB3nvAW.png

I'd go for a GT3 RS as a daily. A normal GT3 would be enough but sadly you can only buy the RS version at the moment.
By the way: the rule of thumb with Porsche is: always count at 20-30k on top of the base price for options. So the 200k GT3 RS actually costs 220-230k with some must-have options.

For daily I'd go for the Nissan GT-R. High performance, yet enough bootspace to carry some shopping if needed.

17TDIeulhd_GTRHelios007.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jpg

Oh, and the pricetag? 100k. 105k if you go for the Black Edition.

Had to look up the sound because I had no idea what the exhaust sound was, but oh boy does it sound good.

It's also known as the car that nearly broke Jeremy's neck.

Back
Top Bottom