General chit-chat

Curiously, the german wikipedia gives you a blackout page, but the dutch doesn't... Curious.

Also, anyone know how to contact EU politicians about this? Like a petition or something?

Curiously, the german wikipedia gives you a blackout page, but the dutch doesn't... Curious.

Also, anyone know how to contact EU politicians about this? Like a petition or something?

Politicians (read: old people) deciding and ruling about technology they don't even remotely understand, nor the consequences this will have on 'digital' society.
Why do we let persons who need to have their browser explained to them by their grandchildren decide over the future of the internet? It's obviously way easier for lobbies to influence somebody who doesn't even know the topic.

Business as usual, amirite?

Politicians (read: old people) deciding and ruling about technology they don't even remotely understand, nor the consequences this will have on 'digital' society.
Why do we let persons who need to have their browser explained to them by their grandchildren decide over the future of the internet? It's obviously way easier for lobbies to influence somebody who doesn't even know the topic.

Business as usual, amirite?
Reminds me of the Zuckerberg hearing in court when a politician kept asking: "IF I MOVE 5 METERS TO THE LEFT, DOES FACEBOOK KNOW I DID??", while Zuck was trying to explain that it's only the case if you've enabled location access for FB. The guy ignored his answer and kept saying "ANSWER THE QUESTION ZUCKER: YES OR NO".

God damn one of my PC fans started to do extremely annoying/loud noise. It spins just fine without problems but for some reason it's being a bit too loud. I even went and cleaned the fan blades from dust but it still keeps doing it.

Jesus christ it's annoying me

Last edited:
Are you sure the fan is completely dust free now? Maybe take it off and make sure?

That's the thing, it doesn't look like it shakes or anything like that, and it doesn't sound like it exactly rattles either, as you might hear from the video. And I did clean off the dust.

I'm really baffled, they are not that old either, but if this continues I might as well buy a new one, as they are not that expensive after all.

That's the thing, it doesn't look like it shakes or anything like that, and it doesn't sound like it exactly rattles either, as you might hear from the video. And I did clean off the dust.

I'm really baffled, they are not that old either, but if this continues I might as well buy a new one, as they are not that expensive after all.
If you buy new ones, go with Noctua, they make the best in the branch.

I should, but man, but they are so bloody expensive for me. :biggrin:
They are pretty expensive indeed, but excellent build quality. I have them as CPU cooler and they are so massive that they also cover my RAM completely.

I should get my new SSD tomorrow, so that's very neat. I've never installed one before so I'm a bit nervous to see how it will turn out. :biggrin:

Also timing is really good too because lately my HDD has failed to load OS multiple times.

I should get my new SSD tomorrow, so that's very neat. I've never installed one before so I'm a bit nervous to see how it will turn out. :biggrin:

Also timing is really good too because lately my HDD has failed to load OS multiple times.

Hopefully you'll make it until tomorrow!
Maybe already prepare a USB with bootable Windows installation. (saves you time tomorrow) Oh, and of course backup your files already.

Ez pz, just make sure you have some doublesided tape for that professional fixation.
Doesn't even matter if it's dangling loose in the case.

Ez pz, just make sure you have some doublesided tape for that professional fixation.
Doesn't even matter if it's dangling loose in the case.
Confession time: one of my SSDs in my desktop had been "dangling loose" for months (it rested on cables). I kept postponing securing it.

T-Series finally beat PewDiePie in #subscribers, so PDP made a "Congratulations" song. (diss song in disguise)

So it seems like my main keyboards USB port broke. I'd guess it overheated and then caused damage because USB connector was pretty hot.

God damn it.

So it seems like my main keyboards USB port broke. I'd guess it overheated and then caused damage because USB connector was pretty hot.

God damn it.
How does a USB port even overheats?
And damn Mauri.. seems like an expensive month for you.

How does a USB port even overheats?
And damn Mauri.. seems like an expensive month for you.
Well I dont know exactly what happened but that keyboard refuses to work, that's for sure. Tried every possible USB port and different cables but none of them powered up my keyboard.

"Luckily" I am keyboard hoarder so I have a backups. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom