Game of Thrones [2011-2019]

Re: Game Of Thrones

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
So, I forgot to tell this, but last summer I went to Dubrovnik, which is where most of King's Landing is/was/has been filmed. It's a nice city, but they're wringing every last penny out of GoT tourist. You can't walk 10 feet without either a) having someone ask you if you know "where kings landing is", b) walking into someone because it's so fucking crowded, or c) being offered a tour by a "local guide who helped film the series"
Was it worth it though?
For me, not really, but I'm not a big fan of the show.
You can recognize some parts of the sets, but honestly, the city is a lot more impressive if you forget all about GoT and just enjoy the ancient parts. It's a beautiful city on its own.
But seriously, don't take the tours. All the info you need, you can find either in tourist info shops, online, or on free maps. Taking the tour yourself is a lot cheaper.
Thanks for the tips.
Croatia is definitely a gorgeous country. Hot as balls though.
Did you fly or drive?

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
So, I forgot to tell this, but last summer I went to Dubrovnik, which is where most of King's Landing is/was/has been filmed. It's a nice city, but they're wringing every last penny out of GoT tourist. You can't walk 10 feet without either a) having someone ask you if you know "where kings landing is", b) walking into someone because it's so fucking crowded, or c) being offered a tour by a "local guide who helped film the series"
Was it worth it though?
You can recognize some parts of the sets, but honestly, the city is a lot more impressive if you forget all about GoT and just enjoy the ancient parts. It's a beautiful city on its own.
But seriously, don't take the tours. All the info you need, you can find either in tourist info shops, online, or on free maps. Taking the tour yourself is a lot cheaper.
Thanks for the tips.
Did you fly or drive?
Flew. It was only a couple of hours. You can get pretty cheap places to stay if you order on AirBnB.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Was it worth it though?
Thanks for the tips.
Did you fly or drive?
Flew. It was only a couple of hours. You can get pretty cheap places to stay if you order on AirBnB.
Never tried AirBnB, actually a little scared to do so. Might play on the safe side and just book a cheap hotel if I go.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Was it worth it though?
Thanks for the tips.
Did you fly or drive?
Never tried AirBnB, actually a little scared to do so. Might play on the safe side and just book a cheap hotel if I go.
It's alright, and it's a lot cheaper than an hotel. Of course, you can get fucked over pretty bad, but just pay attention to the ad, and read the reviews of the owner.

^ jesus I get tired just walking up the damn stairs.

Khal-Mart Brand

ePtIg0a.jpg

Enjoying S6 so far, this show just keeps getting better and better.

$10 says the series end in Daenerys' dragons going ballistic, just setting fire to everything and everyone, ending the series in just a post-apocalyptic world of ashes.

Stybar said:
$10 says the series end in Daenerys' dragons going ballistic, just setting fire to everything and everyone, ending the series in just a post-apocalyptic world of ashes.
I want to laugh, but I'm scared this is true.

Season 7 Episode 4
has been released so all spoilers from S07E04 are now allowed below.

What an epic episode this was. Finally we see a dragon in full action, although I was a bit disappointed it came down that quickly.
Felt good seeing Arya reunite with Sansa. I still hate the Bran character and storyline though.
Best quote of the episode was without a doubt "Flee, you idiot."
The batlle scene blew the Battle of the bastards one away, cinematography was also on point.

Here's a random behind the scenes from the episode:

TNXOuhP.jpg

Stybar said:
Look! I was at least partially right!

I read somewhere that the final battle also set a record for most stuntmen lit on fire simultaneously? Still, it's an impressive production, and all for a 10 minutes of intense action.

Stybar said:
Stybar said:
Look! I was at least partially right!
Still can go that way... :tongue:

Stybar said:
I read somewhere that the final battle also set a record for most stuntmen lit on fire simultaneously? Still, it's an impressive production, and all for a 10 minutes of intense action.
Budget for that scene was probably a million bucks, meanwhile the cave drawings were done using crayons.

I really wish the cave scene went like this :biggrin:

8ZokfMo.jpg

Of course they were done using crayons, all the budget went into the big ass battle.

Season 7 Episode 5

Holy shit, thanks to Gilly we now know for sure that Jon has a better claim on the Iron Throne than Khaleeshi.
Danaerys = daughter of the last Targaryen king
John = grandson, male, male > female
Also explains while Drogon allowed Jon to pet him.

Davos: Jon this is-
Gendry: I'm your dad's friend's bastard son. I got a sick warhammer, let's go beat up some zombies.

The Magnificent Seven: Jon, Thoros, Bedric, The Hound, Tormund, Gendry, Jorah. What a group.

Quote of the episode: "Are you trying to convince the one with dragons or the one that fucks her brother?"

I personally believe the plan to get a white walker and bring him to Cersei is a bit idiotic, but we'll see...
GoT is getting better every week now.

Season 7 Episode 6

White walkers can't swim, but somehow manage to get chains around a dragon on the bottom of the lake..
Hound was an imbecile for throwing that rock, him going to King's Landing will get interesting.
Arya has no chill, she practically destroyed Sansa. "I could even become you."
Dany and Jon scene went full romantic movie mode.
Hate that white walkers have a dragon now..

Season finale next week... fuck.

Back
Top Bottom