France for a week

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Tomorrow morning I will be heading to Dijon in France with Steffy (600km)
We will then spend the night there and the next morning we'll drive another 300 km.
Then we will arrive at our final destination; Bollene.

We will stay there for approx a week, should be back home the 17th or 18th, activity will be reduced, but not that much (apart from tomorrow and the day after tomorrow because I have to drive then.

First time I'm driving this distance, but don't think it'll be a problem.

Have fun! And good luck driving there mate, French chauffeurs are insane. I suppose you're gonna take the Periferique (Paris's ring road)? In that case, I hope you've got a GPS and a patient GF.

RockStar248 said:
Have fun you guys! :biggrin:
Thanks Rock:biggrin:

Stybar said:
Have fun! And good luck driving there mate, French chauffeurs are insane. I suppose you're gonna take the Periferique (Paris's ring road)? In that case, I hope you've got a GPS and a patient GF.

Thanks for the heads up, we'll go wherever the GPS takes us, although I hope we don't go through Paris.

Arrived at the hotel, drove 600km in 5h30min, there was almost no traffic.

what was the speedlimit? that is almost 100km pr hour... Around 100kp/h average speed is quite fast :)

Corsefied said:
what was the speedlimit? that is almost 100km pr hour... Around 100kp/h average speed is quite fast :)

Speed limit was in Belgium 120, in France mostly 110, but also 130 at some places.
But I have a coyote so I'm almost 100% safe from speed cameras :biggrin:

@Panki I really need to do the autobahn someday..

Mave said:
Corsefied said:

Speed limit was in Belgium 120, in France mostly 110, but also 130 at some places.
But I have a coyote so I'm almost 100% safe from speed cameras :biggrin:

@Panki I really need to do the autobahn someday..
Me too. Although I do know the camera's on the route I take from school to home. This allows me to drive slightly faster that I'm supposed to...(160kph is my current record)

Aaight mate enjoy! I'm regreting that I can't come along.
Are there many section controls in France?

Meirten said:
Aaight mate enjoy! I'm regreting that I can't come along.
Are there many section controls in France?

None I think, haven't spotted a single one yet.
The paid highway all the way until our end destination is 75euros though.

So I'm here now, at the final destination... finally.
Was driving 130 on the highway this afternoon when suddenly SYSTEM ENGINE FAULT and I couldn't accelerate no more, had to stop completely, then shut down car and restart it in order to make it work again. This happened twice.
Drove to car garage and they think it's the turbo (couldn't leave the car there because it was really far from my parents and the garage was going in holiday tomorrow), gonna bring it the car in near a garage here this week probably.

Mave said:
Was driving 130 on the highway this afternoon when suddenly SYSTEM ENGINE FAULT and I couldn't accelerate no more, had to stop completely, then shut down car and restart it in order to make it work again. This happened twice.
Drove to car garage and they think it's the turbo (couldn't leave the car there because it was really far from my parents and the garage was going in holiday tomorrow), gonna bring it the car in near a garage here this week probably.

Get an OBD-II cable and read the error codes, google them and fix it yourself. You can save a shitton of money this way.

Panki said:
Mave said:

Get an OBD-II cable and read the error codes, google them and fix it yourself. You can save a shitton of money this way.

Thanks for the tip Panki, though I'm gonna pass on this since we're in the middle of nowhere in France (so I would have no clue where to find that cable) and it's not my car but Steffy's parents' car, we're bringing it in today.

But for your own car at home, get one and hook it up to a laptop. You probably need to remove some paneling around the steering wheel to access it though.

Panki said:
But for your own car at home, get one and hook it up to a laptop. You probably need to remove some paneling around the steering wheel to access it though.
Alright, curious to what I will be able to see :biggrin:

Mave said:
Panki said:
Seconded.
Panki, do you have any idea if a OBD II cable is compatible with Ford cars? My dad's Ford has those computer errors all the time.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Panki said:
Seconded.
Panki, do you have any idea if a OBD II cable is compatible with Ford cars? My dad's Ford has those computer errors all the time.

OBD II is the norm and available in pretty much every modern car. Just google the make and model to find out where it's located. On my dad's Citroen C3 for example it was under the steering wheel.

Leaving for Belgium again tomorrow!
Probably won't be able to post much since it's a 9/10 hour drive.
Will make up for it on Thursday though.

After SEVEN more engine failure stops and a broken windscreen, I'm back home.
It was awesome driving that car, too bad about the damn engine..

Back
Top Bottom