Discussion Forza Horizon 4 - General Discussion

Had no idea this was even announced.. FORZA STREET

While watching this.. "Hmm these graphics don't look that good... OH it's a MOBILE GAME".
Don't really care for mobile games so this doesn't interest me at all.

^Yeah, fuck that noise. Racing games on mobile never did it for me, so hard pass on this one as well.

Just got the Mosler MT900S, was interested in the vehicle since you beat me in a lot of speed traps with that car @Stybar

NxLK6O1.png

Yeah, it's awesome. There's a tune in the store somewhere, which upgrades all the stats to 10. It becomes insanity. Sticks to the road like glue, hauls ass like the devil's on its tail, and accelerates so fast I'm surprised the wheels stay on.

Do note that it's not fun to use in races, though. X races are never fun, and while it will beat pretty much everything you throw at it, it really is no more fun. Also, the rubberbanding just makes the AI break all rules of physics.

Yeah, it's awesome. There's a tune in the store somewhere, which upgrades all the stats to 10. It becomes insanity. Sticks to the road like glue, hauls ass like the devil's on its tail, and accelerates so fast I'm surprised the wheels stay on.

Do note that it's not fun to use in races, though. X races are never fun, and while it will beat pretty much everything you throw at it, it really is no more fun. Also, the rubberbanding just makes the AI break all rules of physics.
Rubberbanding is honestly the worst part of FH4.

My "Days Played" and "Car Masteries Completed" stats seem to be stuck in the Forza Hub app.. frustrating.

K1qnzzW.png

Yeah, mine's been stuck like that forever. Only updated the "days played", and nothing else.

Today, I found out that it's a really bad idea to use track cars in the Street Racing scene. Why? Because the game fucks you over.
See, whenever it rains, cars with slick tires (such as track toy cars) get a handling penalty. Fair enough, it makes sense. Slick tires do have less grip in rain, I suppose.
In Street Racing events, it's raining 90% of the time. You can't make your own event, it's just the weather you're given.
Now, what they don't tell you is that the weather effects are partial to ambient occlusion; that means it's only present in a certain radius around your car. That means that AI drivers that are outside of that circle, don't suffer from weather effects. And that means that it's almost impossible to catch up to them if they have a decent lead.
I tried over a dozen times on one race, using my S2 998 Nissan R390, which has slick tires. And every race, I'm beaten by one car which is miles ahead of me.
Then, I try again in a S1 900 Honda NSX R, which doesn't have slick tires (both have the 'racing tires' upgrade though). I beat it easily, winning with a nice 3 second lead.

Yeah, mine's been stuck like that forever. Only updated the "days played", and nothing else.

Today, I found out that it's a really bad idea to use track cars in the Street Racing scene. Why? Because the game fucks you over.
See, whenever it rains, cars with slick tires (such as track toy cars) get a handling penalty. Fair enough, it makes sense. Slick tires do have less grip in rain, I suppose.
In Street Racing events, it's raining 90% of the time. You can't make your own event, it's just the weather you're given.
Now, what they don't tell you is that the weather effects are partial to ambient occlusion; that means it's only present in a certain radius around your car. That means that AI drivers that are outside of that circle, don't suffer from weather effects. And that means that it's almost impossible to catch up to them if they have a decent lead.
I tried over a dozen times on one race, using my S2 998 Nissan R390, which has slick tires. And every race, I'm beaten by one car which is miles ahead of me.
Then, I try again in a S1 900 Honda NSX R, which doesn't have slick tires (both have the 'racing tires' upgrade though). I beat it easily, winning with a nice 3 second lead.

Sucks, I'd like to see me progress on the Forza Hub as well.

That is really useful information. I had no clue. And trust me slicks in the rain is like walking on ice, so it definitely makes sense. The small zone around you only being affected does not.

It makes sense from a programmatical standpoint... Seems like a restriction in the game engine. Logically, it's bullshit, of course.

Was struggling to do the +410km/h challenge in a hypercar on LEGO island. Problem was the car. A bit annoying that multiple cars have Speed and Acceleration at 10, yet some are insanely better than others. I ended up completing the challenge with the Agera RS.

challenge in a hypercar on LEGO island. Problem was the car. A bit annoying that multiple cars have Speed and Acceleration at 10, yet some are insanely better than others. I ended up completing the challenge with the A
There is a second view that shows the top speed and 0-100 time, I think. Top speed maxes out at 10, but I'm guessing for cars like the Agera RS, it's more like 11, or 12.

There is a second view that shows the top speed and 0-100 time, I think. Top speed maxes out at 10, but I'm guessing for cars like the Agera RS, it's more like 11, or 12.
Thanks, didn't know!

Well good news!
Eventually Toyota is coming to all racing games again, Microsoft just paid a bunch of cash in order to be the first one.
So the Nerds finally figured out their stance was stupid, huh?
Well, that's great news, then. I have a feeling NFS: Heat will have very little replay-ability once you reach lvl50, so I think (hope?) that some future DLCs are coming.

So the Nerds finally figured out their stance was stupid, huh?
Well, that's great news, then. I have a feeling NFS: Heat will have very little replay-ability once you reach lvl50, so I think (hope?) that some future DLCs are coming.
I hope so as well. Might pick up this game if it gets at least a 20% discount on Black Friday.

Back
Top Bottom