Forza Horizon 3

Mave said:
I usually try to keep cars in their respective classes, like I'll only let a "B" car go to max level that keeps it in the "B" category.
I read that advice somewhere a while ago, not sure if it has a real benefit though..
Maybe for online... Online matches are ruled by "one class only", so having the maximum score in that class is useful. I can't see any bonuses in offline though, as the opponents scale to your car's level. I just find a car I like, and upgrade it as far as it goes.

Trying to download the game, but it keeps crashing... Hopefully it'll be done before tomorrow.

Challenges are really easy this week, you'll get the Nissan GTR HE edition in no time.

Clearing all the drift zone easy mode this way:

sIQu4rb.png

Source: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst98268_Best-car-for-3-staring-drift-zones.aspx

Will try it out. Still stand by the fact that the Holden Toreno is great as well. Cleared out all the drift zones with that car, even the offroad ones.

Alright Sty, you somehow cleared all the bonus boards and speed travel boards.
Enlighten me how to clear this one as there doesn't even appear to be a ramp nearby..

EOHDE2B.png

Black magic.

IIRC, you have to hit the hill behind you at the right speed. It's a bitch to get though.

Stybar said:
Black magic.

IIRC, you have to hit the hill behind you at the right speed. It's a bitch to get though.
And I thought the empty airplane near the airport one was hard to get.. FML

Yeah, some of them are really fucking hard to get. You found a map to get them all? Because some of them are hidden deep in the forest.

Stybar said:
Yeah, some of them are really fucking hard to get. You found a map to get them all? Because some of them are hidden deep in the forest.
Nah just doing them as I stumble upon them.
Doing one right now where you jump over a farm roof, no idea how you managed to clear that one.. I'm 50m short every time with a Porsche 918.

Usually it's some bullshit angle you haven't thought of. That small bump behind the house might not look like it, but that's the ticket to success.
You managed to get 3 stars on the jump in the city park yet?

Stybar said:
Usually it's some bullshit angle you haven't thought of. That small bump behind the house might not look like it, but that's the ticket to success.
You managed to get 3 stars on the jump in the city park yet?
Yeah city park was not that hard imo. How did you discover all 488 roads btw? I only cleared 400.

It shows you on the map which roads you've discovered. Just drive onto the ones that are not marked in blue (asphalt) or orange (offroad)

Stybar said:
It shows you on the map which roads you've discovered. Just drive onto the ones that are not marked in blue (asphalt) or orange (offroad)
Cheers, was just discovering them on the go.

One thing that would make this game two times better would be realistic sound for every vehicle. A lot of cars sound exactly the same now, which is a shame.

Don't replace the engine then. The sounds of the replacement engines all sound the same, but the original sounds are good.

Stybar said:
Don't replace the engine then. The sounds of the replacement engines all sound the same, but the original sounds are good.
Mind = blown
Just to be sure: if I don't upgrade the engine, the other cars in a race won't be better than me, right?

Nope. Upgrading your car will make it nicer to drive, but the opponent cars (in Single Player) will always scale to your performance level. Be aware that they don't scale individual stats though. If your car hits 800 because of its blistering top speed, but has low acceleration, you will be creamed in short lap races by cars with high acceleration, but low top speed, even though they'll all be around 800 as well.

Changing the engine will give your car a massive boost, but unless you're going to use it online, don't bother. It might be worth it if you really want to push a car to its limits, but most of the time it's not worth it.

Stybar said:
Nope. Upgrading your car will make it nicer to drive, but the opponent cars (in Single Player) will always scale to your performance level. Be aware that they don't scale individual stats though. If your car hits 800 because of its blistering top speed, but has low acceleration, you will be creamed in short lap races by cars with high acceleration, but low top speed, even though they'll all be around 800 as well.

Changing the engine will give your car a massive boost, but unless you're going to use it online, don't bother. It might be worth it if you really want to push a car to its limits, but most of the time it's not worth it.

Thanks, I'm gonna save a ton of money now :biggrin:

Damnit, these last 4 roads are difficult to find.. but I refuse to buy the treasure map.

xB6GhUT.png

Found like 10 earlier at the Westpoint Tower construction area, that was a goldmine.

Yeah, a lot of roads are sneaky, them being a tiny piece of road that's not discovered. My advice is to just open the map, disable all icons, zoom in, and go over it, piece by piece.

Back
Top Bottom