Forza Horizon 3

Stybar said:
The only thing I can't complete is the Barn Finds, I'm stuck on 18/20 :/ The completionist in me is howling.
Damn that's frustrating, I remember when I was stuck in JC2 with 99% completion because of one item I forgot to destroy at a base and couldn't find any more.

Totally forgot about FH3 as well. Don't even have it installed on my "new" unit...

I thought there was a glitch in JC2 which hid one of the water towers or something? There was a mod to make it available, IIRC.

Stybar said:
I thought there was a glitch in JC2 which hid one of the water towers or something? There was a mod to make it available, IIRC.
Yes indeed, pretty damn frustrating that was.

1 missing water tower

There are supposed to be 221 water towers, but really there are only 220 to be found. There's one water tower in Panau City Residential District (X:3314; Y:15142) which doesn't contribute to the 100% completion of the city. As it turns out, there are several more Sabotage Destructible Objects in some settlements, that don't affect the completion of those settlements. However, these are not the missing ones.
http://justcause.wikia.com/wiki/Just_Cause_2_100%25_completion_list

Finally installed the game again yesterday. I had almost forgotten how much fun it is. Saving up for a Koeningsegg atm.

Remember to amp up the difficulty as well, which will drop even more credits.

Also, I tried one of those tricks, doing Goliath for multiple laps, but somehow my game wasn't that stable on that track... It would crash randomly, somewhere halfway through the race.
Still, I never had the need. I still have +10 mil left, even after buying some seriously expensive cars.

Stybar said:

Also, I tried one of those tricks, doing Goliath for multiple laps, but somehow my game wasn't that stable on that track... It would crash randomly, somewhere halfway through the race.
Still, I never had the need. I still have +10 mil left, even after buying some seriously expensive cars.
How did you end up with that amount of money? Simply by playing the game a lot?

Mave said:
Stybar said:

Yeah, and doing the weekly events. Nailing them is pretty easy, and you get some decent cash and wheelspins. Those spins will give you even more money.

That, and racing mostly with a Horizon x2 credits Ford GT.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:

Yeah, and doing the weekly events. Nailing them is pretty easy, and you get some decent cash and wheelspins. Those spins will give you even more money.

Ww..ww.wwweekly events? The only thing I check every now and then is the Forza hub, to claim free credits.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:

Ww..ww.wwweekly events? The only thing I check every now and then is the Forza hub, to claim free credits.
They're called Forzathon. Your GPS says something about it every time it starts? They give you 4 challenges, usually just to win a race with a certain type, and they drop insane bonuses. Cash prizes, cars, wheelspins, XP,...

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:

They're called Forzathon. Your GPS says something about it every time it starts? They give you 4 challenges, usually just to win a race with a certain type, and they drop insane bonuses. Cash prizes, cars, wheelspins, XP,...

Crap, last event ended 6 days ago and you could win Porsche 918 Spyder.. fml

How do you know once you completed a Forzathon challenge? I’m quite sure I already did all of them, but it looks the same in the pause tab.. or do you need to use the car displayed?

wP7BcdZ.png

Still no Cayman GTS in my garage :/

Finally figured it out... In order to claim #Forzathon challenges you need to have the "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry" service enabled and set to auto-start in services.msc
For some odd reason I had it disabled, enabled it and set it to start automatically. Now I have unlocked everything. Pretty damn frustrating since I missed out on a lot of stuff before ;__;

cfvKAZD.png

Wheel spins are so god damn addictive.
Got a Saleen S7 today :3

EJDesVe.png

Also heads up: new Forzathon is live. Just reeled in the Jaguar F Type HE.

Yeah, I have the S7 too. It's an awesome looking car, but it fishtails like crazy. If you have the money, a fully upgraded Ford GT is a beast on long stretches. Hits 430km/h with ease.
For off road, I have one tip: Ariel Nomad. Insane acceleration, and it flies across the dirt like crazy. Never lost a race with it. It's also great for getting some XP: just hit the dunes around the airport, keep straight, and floor it. The jumps will give you some insane multipliers, which will give you +50k per run easy.

Thanks for the tip, will try to get my hands on both of them. Just spent a fortune on a Koeningsegg though.

The Nomad is only 200k 93,000 CR, according to the wiki. Upgrading it is neat, but not very necessary, besides the tires, maybe. Also, you should check the online showroom. Sometimes there are some really awesome deals on there. I got my Nomad there for cheap, partially upgraded. Sometimes the Horizon cars show up there as well, but they're always in the millions. Still, might get lucky.

Stybar said:
The Nomad is only 200k 93,000 CR, according to the wiki. Upgrading it is neat, but not very necessary, besides the tires, maybe. Also, you should check the online showroom. Sometimes there are some really awesome deals on there. I got my Nomad there for cheap, partially upgraded. Sometimes the Horizon cars show up there as well, but they're always in the millions. Still, might get lucky.
Will check the Nomad out tonight! Looks like a fun vehicle.

If you want fun cars...

The Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II is a great Japanese powerhouse. Fully upgraded, it hits the 900 levels, and tears the streets off.

The Nissan R390 has a pretty low top speed (only 340km/h), but is GREAT on the small city tracks. Corners hard, accelerates harder.

BAC Mono is a neat track car. Sticks to the ground like it's magnetic, amazing cornering. Bonus if it's a Horizon edition, for extra credits.

The Holden Torana A9X is the perfect template for a drift car. There are multiple blueprints available online, built specifically for drifting. They start sliding if you only steer just a little bit.

For offroad, the Nomad is great. But if you want some variation and want to try out some rally cars, the Mitsubishi Evolution IX (upgraded) will outrun professional rally cars. The Lancia Delta is great as well.

Like I said, the Ford GT is a great hypercar. Hits very high speeds. Great way to get XP too, hit the highway (the long stretch beneath the outback festival) on one end, and just floor it to the other end. Avoiding cars along the way will give you insane multipliers.

The BMW M1 is a great car if you want some '80s power. Handles beautifully, if a bit tail happy at times. Convert it to 4WD, however, and it's great.

Staying with BMW, the X5M and X6M are great SUVs. Pretty good in off road jumps as well, and surprisingly nimble.

There are plenty of other cars that are awesome machines, but I can't remember them... Installing the game again now as well, I'll give you a full tour through my garage when it's done. See you online, soon!

Tried the Nomad and you weren't kidding.. that machine is insanely good offroad. Only thing it can't do is drift using the handbrake, then again you can drift it just by steering abruptly.

Stybar said:
The Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II is a great Japanese powerhouse. Fully upgraded, it hits the 900 levels, and tears the streets off.
I usually try to keep cars in their respective classes, like I'll only let a "B" car go to max level that keeps it in the "B" category.
I read that advice somewhere a while ago, not sure if it has a real benefit though..

Will try the Mitsubishi.

The BMW's in this game indeed drive very well, I'm disappointed by how AMG cars drive :(

Back
Top Bottom