Expand iPhone/iPod

Should we change and move the iStuff board?

• YERSH! :woot:

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • NAH >:(

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

GPow69

EDM for life ♥
How about moving and changing the iPod Touch / iPhone board to the "Accessories" category and making it like the GFX Board (Because if it was it's own category TMS would again be HUGE):

[Accessories Category]
iPhone / iPod Touch (Board)
(Sub boards below here)
{>Entertainment Apps (Games, etc)
{ >General Apps (Any other apps such as Battery Magic, Facebook, Instant Messaging Apps, etc. Anything that isn't a game)
{ >Jailbreak Stuff (Info about jailbreaking, how to jailbreak, stuff like that)
Sub Boards { >Jailbreak Apps (Apps that are from Cydia, Rock, Icy, etc, as long as they arent from the Apple App Store)
{ >Tutorials (Tutorials on how to do stuff, I personally have a bunch of these I could post)
{ >Themes (.......... Themes.)
{>Resources (Websites, Cydia sources, Computer Programs etc.)

---Just a note reminding that Jailbreaking isn't illegal, it's just unwanted by Apple. That means TMS can have jailbreaking stuff, just don't post links to downloads of illegal stuff (Such as free downloads for paid apps).

Since I just re-jailbroke I'm really hardcore into this stuff again and I would love to see the board we have currently expand into something that covers more than games.

This should be great :biggrin:. And this new program that GPow found is awesome! So we can really customize a lot of stuff.

Just a suggestion to this board, make a poll :biggrin:?

If I have to be honest then I voted "no" as well. For different reasons.

One argument is the amount of the iPhone/iPod Touch owners on TMS community which apparently isn't big enough to have a board and 4 child boards with two sub-childboards and one sub-sub-childboard.
The second argument is that a huge amount of (child)boards increases the amount of PHP calls that the server has to made, drastically. For example if the parent board also counts the posts of child boards and their child boards then it will have some trouble as well - the code isn't well written, but can't be written any better for SMF because that would involve some database changes as well.
Third argument has much to do with the first one. It is that it is better to have a more centralized discussion board for this iProducts discussion. TMS community isn't very big and having 1-2 topics on one childboard doesn't look very nice. Specially if they're posted in like once a year or twice.

I agree a bit with Andre, but then again, we could change your plan a bit, GP;

For example, one thread; 'Jailbreaking your iPod Touch/iPhone' should be enough, people who have trouble can just reply then.

umm. I accidentally voted for YES :doh: I would like to change it to NO :blushing:

Reason: I hate everything with "i"... iPhone sucks, iPod sucks, iMac sucks, i sucks! In fact... fuck mp3! Im staying with ma oldschool boombox! (the last one was a quote from my T-shirt. XD)

That's because you don't have an iPod jailbroken, you can do so fucking much with it its amazing.

GPow69 said:
That's because you don't have an iPod jailbroken, you can do so fucking much with it its amazing.

... but you can't call with it cuz the speaker is so low. and it wont work when its -10 C... its -25 here

iPod headphones (The ones with a mic) + iCall = iPod turned into iPhone

You can't play games or make alarms with your oldschool boombox, even though it is still pretty awesome.

I have a camera. I have a photocamera. I have a phone. I have a computer. I have an mp3. I need Iphone for what? To get all that only low quality?

This argument is pointless lol, everyone has their preferences :tongue:

The point is I think that it's
Mave said:
Wednesday

and the results are
Mave said:
how the poll turns out

Also I'll come up with less sub boards, hold on a sec

EDIT: Howsthis

[Accessories Category]
►iPhone/iPod Touch (Board)

Sub boards:
>General/Resources (Resources for jailed or jailbroken devices or anything else to do with iStuff)
>Apps (For any app from the app store including Games)
>Jailbreak General (Themes and tutorials)
>Jailbreak Apps (Apps from Cydia)

Also I'll come up with less sub boards, hold on a sec

EDIT: Howsthis

[Accessories Category]
►iPhone/iPod Touch (Board)

Sub boards:
>General/Resources (Resources for jailed or jailbroken devices or anything else to do with iStuff)
>Apps (For any app from the app store including Games)
>Jailbreak General (Themes and tutorials)
>Jailbreak Apps (Apps from Cydia)

Looks find, although one Apps board should be enough, just add "[JB]" tag or something before the app if it's a jailbreak app :)
[me=Mave]makes boards[/me]

EDIT : It's created, but IMO it would be better if we would share the resources also in the Jailbreaking board.

Mave said:
EDIT : It's created, but IMO it would be better if we would share the resources also in the Jailbreaking board.

I'm not quite sure what you mean :huh:

You mean take out the General/Resources board and combine it with the Jailbreak General? Or take out Jailbreak General and combine it with General/Resources?

:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom