Do you believe that marijuana will one day be as openly "acceptable" as alcohol?

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
With a lot of US states approving regulation and tax bills for legal marijuana, do you think one day it will be as acceptable as alcohol?

Personally I believe it will become more and more acceptable throughout the entire world (except in United Arab Emirates, they'll give you life sentence for smoking a joint)
But I don't think it will ever be as accepted as alcohol.
I couldn't care less if it became as acceptable as alcohol though, I believe alcohol is actually worse tbh.

Re: Do you belive that marijuana will one day be as openly "acceptable" as alcohol?

I don't get this question.

Re: Do you belive that marijuana will one day be as openly "acceptable" as alcohol?

Impulse said:
I don't get this question.
Not sure if you post this because you live in The Netherlands, or because you actually don't get it.

What I mean with as acceptable as alcohol = publicly smoking it, and the cops can't do anything because it's legal.

Yes. As more people open their eyes to the truth of the matter, it becomes more acceptable. The truth being that the negative stigma surrounding marijuana isn't justified and it's not nearly as harmful to one's health as a cigarette is.

No.
Also, I don't think you'll just get a life sentence in the UAE, but rather get stoned to death (HEHEHEHEHEHE WHAT A PUN).

Panki said:
No.
Also, I don't think you'll just get a life sentence in the UAE, but rather get stoned to death (HEHEHEHEHEHE WHAT A PUN).

Maybe that's what the Bible meant when it said "gay people get stoned" They approved and wanted to get high.

And no, not really. Alcohol isn't exactly socially accepted though, try drinking a beer in front of a cop, see how far you can get.
But in the student life here smoking is about as accepted as drinking. If you say you don't smoke, they respond the same as when you say you don't drink. I've never met a student who was opposed to me smoking a joint in front of them.
One of them asked me not to, but to be fair, it was her room, and even normal cigarettes weren't allowed there.

Stybar said:
Panki said:
No.

Maybe that's what the Bible meant when it said "gay people get stoned" They approved and wanted to get high.

And no, not really. Alcohol isn't exactly socially accepted though, try drinking a beer in front of a cop, see how far you can get.

Until the bottle/glass is empty.
>living in a country where publing drinking is prohibited
top lel

It's note exactly prohibited, it's just not appreciated. But then again, if the cops see you drink on the streets without causing trouble they'll just walk by.

Alcohol is definitely socially acceptable in most countries. That's why people go out drinking with their friends and there are bars/liquor stores everywhere :tongue:. Alcoholism on the other hand is not acceptable. Basically, as long as you have self control, society in general doesn't judge you for it.

I feel that, even though a lot of people use it, it won't be accepted.
I tried using alcohol as an example but it's easier to do it this way -- with marijuana, if it does become socially openly* acceptable, it won't be allowed in public areas purely because bystanders can become affected (high, stoned, baked, whatever) due to secondhand smoke, whereas there is no affect like that from alcohol.

SovareZza said:
I tried using alcohol as an example but it's easier to do it this way -- with marijuana, if it does become socially openly* acceptable, it won't be allowed in public areas purely because bystanders can become affected (high, stoned, baked, whatever) due to secondhand smoke, whereas there is no affect like that from alcohol.

Getting passively stoned really only works if you're hotboxing, never heard of it happening outdoors.

Panki said:
SovareZza said:

Getting passively stoned really only works if you're hotboxing, never heard of it happening outdoors.
This is true, but there is a town here called Nimbin that's based nearly it's entire economic structure on marijuana and its peripherals.
I'm not kidding. Walk into the town and you will see weed growing rampant, pot smoke everywhere and within 5 minutes of getting out of the vehicle, you WILL be offered drugs (they start with weed and work their way up).

I'm not sure if Favy has been there though, but I'll try to link it or something.

EDIT: I forgot to add that you do get passively stoned while walking around, but this is an extreme case where an entire town is dedicated to cultivating it, etc.

EDIT2: Nimbin & (within the same page) MardiGrass!

I've never, in any of the times I've been there, seen a cop.

Back
Top Bottom