CD-player in car is acting silly

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
I know this isn't a pc related problem, but I still hope you guys can help me out.
The problem is that my CD-player in my car doesn't play Cd's anymore. The radio works, no problem, but when I put in a CD, it won't play. Not only homemade CD's, also brandnew legally bought CD's. It thinks awhile, feels a no me gusta, and spits the CD back out. After a couple of hundred times trying, it'll eventually play the CD, and I found that if I wait until the CD plays before I start my engine, it will continue. But the problem is, I can't do that anymore, because my starter is shot. It works, but if I wait too long, it just sputters out and dies. For further explaining this; I turn my keys halfways, so the electronics go on, but it doesn't start the engine. I turn it all the way through to start it.

Any ideas besides "get a new radio"? I don't have money or knowledge for that.

Thanks in advance.

What's a CD? :troll:

Sounds like the laser might be dirty, and the radio can't read it so it tosses it back out at you. I'd go to an electronics store and see if they can clean it, or google how to clean an optical laser

GPow69 said:
What's a CD? :troll:
I know, it's an old Peugot 206 from 1999. I'm just happy for the 1.8l engine in it, and the fact that I can drive without my head getting wet.

Thanks for the tip though, I'll try it out.

Have you tried inserting the CD, turning the radio of immediately, then turning it back on with the CD in it?

Mave said:
Have you tried inserting the CD, turning the radio of immediately, then turning it back on with the CD in it?
Yes, didn't work. I even tried shutting down the car, but it still won't work.

If you have an ipod you should just save up for a new stereo with a jack port, then play songs from your ipod :megusta:

Nimphiouus said:
If you have an ipod you should just save up for a new stereo with a jack port, then play songs from your ipod :megusta:
That's how I roll :holmes:

I have one of those 3.5mm jack to FM converters. Real easy, just plug it in your car, hook it up to any mp3 player, and you can listen to you iPod on the radio. It works only when there isn't any other station messing with your signal, which is always the case in Belgium :( (at least in the part where I live, there's one channel which plays only classical music, but you will find it at least TWELVE fucking times when browsing the frequencies). So not the best solution, although it's better than nothing.

I'll go with Mave's and GPow's idea to clean the lens. I'll update when succeeded (or not).

Back
Top Bottom