Car fell off the Quay

Corsefied

Three kids was saved out of a car underwater
The police wants vitnesses

1282393276864_799.jpg

Three children had to be revived after the car they were in ended up out of a quay in Stavanger on Saturday.

There is currently very unclear what has happened, and Rogaland Police District has initiated an investigation to determine the course of events.

Those who were taken lifeless out of the car was a boy of 17 years, a girl of six years and a boy of three years. The three are siblings.

All had cardiac arrest when the divers got out of the car, but according to Stavanger University Hospital be out of danger now. The two youngest children are flown to Haukeland in Bergen, where they specialize in drowning accidents.

The condition is described as critical but stable.

Wet man on the quay

The police was notified by the fire department at 12 on a car that had had ended up in the sea in the port area Forest Bedding Straen the key.

When rescue crews arrived they were met at the pier of a 26-year-old man who was wet and naked.

- It is not finally clarified whether he was in the car. We will seek explanation from him in connection with the investigation, said operations manager Svein Kjetil Larsen told VG Nett.

VGTV: See reader video from the rescue efforts here. http://www.vgtv.no/?id=31627

Currently, police do not know of witnesses who saw the accident.

- If there are some who have seen what happened, police are keen to get in contact with them, "says Larsen.

Undertook resuscitation

It was the fire department divers retrieved the three children out of the car accident. Ambulance Service started life-saving first aid to all those involved after they were brought to the surface.

- It was working a while with them here on the quay, "said fire Champion Per Håkon Halvorsen told VG Nett.

He was himself among those who pulled out of the accident.

- Fishing from the pier

Quay area where the accident occurred belongs to a local shipping company, but is open to the public. There were no boats to berth at the moment.

- It usually does not happen so much in the area. Occasionally there are people fishing from the quay, "says Halvorsen.

The road that leads down to the pier is a dead end, and no thoroughfare.

The fire department in Stavanger reported earlier today that witnesses had plunged into the water to rescue the passengers. According to police, it is unclear whether there were witnesses to the accident

source: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10044560

^ I was making a mockery of the translation. However I got my norwegian friend to translate this for me :biggrin:

ah, lol.. it's still pretty sick that they got they'r hearts working after 20min underwater : o hopefully they'll survive

Back
Top Bottom